Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horned Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horned Lizards Forum

Gottee guy   Jared T   Gottee guy  
 Member  Message

Gottee guy
View Profile

Normal?

i got my desert horned lizard (a small juvenile) from a reptile expo on sunday...3 days ago. he hasn’t eaten since the day i got him, which i fed him 2 adult crickets and 3 pinhead crickets. i have tried ants and more pinheads but he won’t eat. is he still digesting the crickets or is something wrong?

07/15/09  10:45am

Jared T
View Profile

Message To: Gottee guy   In reference to Message Id: 2039646

Normal?

Try giving him water. Is he drinking? You could make a dripper to catch his attention. That’s the only way my fence lizards drink water. Maybe you fed him too much?

Yeah I’m just browsing unanswered topics lol!

He may be a little stressed. Maybe because he’s not used to his new enclosure. Is it proper? Does he have proper lighting and temps? My lizards, although they’re not desert horned lizards, they eat like pigs! Certain lights increase metabolism, which makes them want to eat! Lights also help them process and digest food. You might already know this, maybe not....

07/15/09  10:57pm

Gottee guy
View Profile

Message To: Jared T   In reference to Message Id: 2040094

Normal?

the ants i were trying to feed him were too small but i am ordering harvester ants online. he was having trouble digesting the crickets. i probably will never feed a horned lizard crickets again!
i mist him every 2 days.
he has proper temps and UVB.

07/16/09  11:36am

Back to Horned Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area