Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Hognose Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hognose Snakes Forum

OneMode   JackAsp   OneMode  
 Member  Message

OneMode
View Profile

Pics of my L. Modestus

I have had this malagasy for about 5 months. I just barely got him to feed on his own, and is growing and healthy as a champ. when i got him, he was infested with mites and not doing very well. not eating, and had mice bites all over him. he has shed twice now and i have been treating his wounds. so far he has been mite free for a month and cruizing around in his new cage i built happy as ever! hope you like the pics!

11/10/11  01:03pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: OneMode   In reference to Message Id: 2243724

Pics of my L. Modestus

Cute little guy. What’s up in that one feeding pic? Did he accept a mouse right in the middle of the floor?

11/10/11  11:41pm

OneMode
View Profile

Message To: OneMode   In reference to Message Id: 2243724

Pics of my L. Modestus

Thanks :) I knew he was a keeper when I first seen him.. No he doesn’t take food on the floor or anywhere else, It was just easier to tease feed him then set him down and let him eat. He is really tame and comfortable with me, especially being wild caught. He just recently started eating on his own this past weekend.
As for the other tank, that was a baby rattler I had caught when I lived by myself in cali. Laws here in utah are more strict on keeping venomous snakes without a lisence, so I gave it to my friend that keeps venomous snakes. Not to mention, rattlesnakes give me heebeegeebees, so I didn’t care much.

11/10/11  11:57pm

Back to Hognose Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area