Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Hognose Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hognose Snakes Forum

Jackie_03   Repfanaticlady29   Spineback   Jm4372  
 Member  Message

Jackie_03
View Profile

Should I get a Hognose?

Okay so I asked this before and I didn’t get that many answers. I am interested in a Hognose but not sure which one to get. I already have four corn snakes and a northern pine snake but I just love the look of the Hognose. There are Mexican, southern, western etc. but which one? Do the males or females get bigger? Doesn’t matter if they do, I am going to a reptile show in April so I have tons of time to think about it and I am prepared. Any tips would be great, anything that anyone has to say about them.
Thanks.

12/10/10  06:25pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Jackie_03   In reference to Message Id: 2192062

Should I get a Hognose?

The females get bigger in all snake species. I already answered the other questions.

12/10/10  08:07pm

Spineback
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2192078

Should I get a Hognose?

Westerns are the easiest to care for and are usually at all reptile shows for a good price. I have one and paid 40 dollars but it was a hatchling. The Southern or Eastern are tough just because it might be tough to get the food of choice..toads.

12/11/10  05:48pm

Jm4372
View Profile

Message To: Spineback   In reference to Message Id: 2192199

Should I get a Hognose?

I picked up a western last year at an expo and he is now one of my favorite critters. they are cute and have entertaining "personalities" I think. everyone loves him. dont have any experience with the other breeds of hognose.

12/16/10  11:46am

Back to Hognose Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area