Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Hognose Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hognose Snakes Forum

Critterlover86   KimboSliceEatsCats   Sacko  
 Member  Message

Critterlover86
View Profile

My Juvenile Wild Hognose Snake Won’t Eat, Need Advice.

Well I’m thinking that It’s an Eastern Hognose but he’s almost or pretty much a foot long. I tried to give him an anole lizard to eat and I’ve been keeping him warm and he’s getting sunlight, and has stuff to hide and burrow in but the lizard has been in enclosure with him ever since yesterday. I’ve also been giving him clean water. There were times where he looked interested in the Lizard but didn’t try to eat him at all. Can anyone come up with a possible reason as to why doesn’t want to eat? The last wild snake I had ate with no problem. Thanks!

09/12/10  09:03pm

KimboSliceEatsCats
View Profile

Message To: Critterlover86   In reference to Message Id: 2175184

a snake like a hognose isnt going to have the best chances catching a fast anole that can climb walls....making it an unlikely common food source for the snake, throw a toad in there and watch how fast he reacts

09/17/10  03:38pm

Sacko
View Profile

Message To: KimboSliceEatsCats   In reference to Message Id: 2175907

bin watching your post. since you got the snake from the wild i sergest you put the little boi back where you got him from. you’ve changed his habitate his feedin his temps everything he or she knows. the snake is obviously not going to adapt to the condistion you have put up on it. if it looks healthy then it was obviously doing fine the way it was.

10/01/10  06:54pm

Back to Hognose Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area