Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Hermit-Crabs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hermit-Crabs Forum

Sorpionlova   Mdougherty   Sorpionlova   Hickchick1981  
 Member  Message

Sorpionlova
View Profile

Need info plz.

im a begginer on hermits. i have a ten gallon tank available. what do they eat, what should there cage look like, how can you tell whats male and whats female, and any info will become useful... thanx

06/18/10  09:05pm

Mdougherty
View Profile

Message To: Sorpionlova   In reference to Message Id: 2156786

Need info plz.

http://www.hermit-crabs.com/ --------------- this website has EVERYTHING you need to know.

I dont know if you can tell male and female apart. There cage should have either sand or eco earth at the bottom and should have lots of stuff to climb on... THEY LOVE TO CLIMB! Some thing to hide in also like a hermie hut or half of a coconut shell. They eat so much. We put in regular hermie food u buy at the pet store and then we also put in a little treat like... non salted popcorn, banana, apple, coconut, mango, peach, rice crispies, corn flakes exc. but NO CITRUS FRUITS like tomatoes and oranges and limes and lemons. They cannot have any of those. Also no chocolate. But yeah just look at the basic care page on that website. It is packed with info!
hope i helped~maddy

06/21/10  02:22pm

Sorpionlova
View Profile

Message To: Mdougherty   In reference to Message Id: 2157327

Need info plz.

i read a caresheet on here. it said sand isnt recomended. the soil stuff is better so they can burrow. i dont know how to message that guy (reptikrazy) to put a picture up so i know how the cage should look. but thanks for the link. i’ll give it a look

06/21/10  02:44pm

Hickchick1981
View Profile

Message To: Sorpionlova   In reference to Message Id: 2157332

Need info plz.

Oh . What happens if you give them oranges?

08/15/10  03:13am

Back to Hermit-Crabs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area