Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Hermit-Crabs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hermit-Crabs Forum

Gothcrabber13   Ashmash  
 Member  Message

Gothcrabber13
View Profile

New to hermies (sort of)

I had hermies in 2008, but due to moving 3000 miles away by airplane, I was forced to adopt them to a fellow hermie lover. I miss them lots, and want to adopt more (since I don’t plan on flying to a new home) and am working on gathering all the supplies I can do provide a good home for any future hermies I bring home. I can’t wait to bring home some lil crabs :)

I don’t have a tank yet, but I had found rubber maid bin at target for 4.99. It is 22 3/8 by 16 1/8 by 11 3/8, and I hoped to be able to use it for a temporary home until I could find a tank. If I mist daily, keep the substrate moist (I planned on using Eco-earth), would this bin work? I had been trying to think of how to warm the bin, would a UTH be too risky? I could get a heat lamp, but I don’t have one yet. Any suggestions or advice would be great. Thank you..

Gothcrabber13

02/04/10  08:46pm

Ashmash
View Profile

Message To: Gothcrabber13   In reference to Message Id: 2120424

New to hermies (sort of)

Well I’m not sure about the bin because of the risk of such fluctuating humidity and temp levels but if you visit www.hermitcrabassociation.com they can do a better job of answering your questions.

02/10/10  09:57pm

Back to Hermit-Crabs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area