Back to Hermit-Crabs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hermit-Crabs Forum

Speck   Tojo   Speck  
 Member  Message

Speck
View Profile

Question!

okay, well, questions...
1. my new hermit crab wont stop burrying himself, he comes out for a while then does it again. is he going to molt soon or is he just a wierdo?
2. has anyone on here ever built a custom tank for their hermies? i work at a boat store and was thinking that marine lumber and plexiglass might be a fun project... anyways, any ideas?

09/09/09  01:26pm

Tojo
View Profile

Message To: Speck   In reference to Message Id: 2069842

Question!

Hello, congrats on your new herm :) I have a couple questions for you. How many hermit crabs do you have, ofcourse they really need a few other hermies to be with. Secondly, do you keep your tat clean with the right temp and humidy levels?

It is common for them to dig under whether they are molting or not. They will dig under if the conditions are not desirable. If he’s new, they also dig down to "destress".

Good Luck!

09/10/09  07:58pm

Speck
View Profile

Message To: Tojo   In reference to Message Id: 2070476

Question!

five smaller ones in a 20L. temp humidity and cleanliness are all good. he’s actually been out a lot today and last night. he’s very happy now. i guess he was just destressing. now one of my hermies that i got in june is basically catatonic. he has barely moved in the last few days. i know he’s still alive, but he doesnt seem to be in good health....

09/10/09  09:23pm

Back to Hermit-Crabs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area