Hermit-Crabs Forum

Leopard gecko lover~   Herb123   Van_jen2005   Herb123  
 Member  Message

Leopard gecko lover~
View Profile

HR669- Everyone-PLEASE READ!

Hey, for those of you who have not seen this, please read it:

IMPORTANT: HR669 - ALL MEMBERS & HOBBYISTS PLEASE READ

All Members and Fellow Hobbyists must read and take action on this. We have less then a week to act on this.
Please go to the following websites regarding information on your rights to own your pets.

This website has a video that explains the bill. It explains to you what is at risk and how you can do something about it. Plus they even took the courtesy to make it easy for you to send emails and locate the people you need to contact. The site also includes updates as well.
http://www.nohr669

The link below is the text of the bill.
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h669ih.txt.pdf

Here is another site with information as well.
http://www.pijac.org/

Also try to keep all HR669 forum posts on RZ up towards the top so they are read by others. Make sure we have a post on all our forums. If there is not a post in other forums then please add one. This will be one of the few times we are allowing some spamming. For members that have been keeping on top of things please keep members here updated. That would be greatly appreciated. I thank every member that contacted me personally on this subject as well.

You will find other things you can do to help by reading some of the HR669 posts already circulating on the forum. I would strongly recommend having your family, friends (on-line friends as well), and co-workers respond to the bill as well.

Thanks for reading. If you have any question, comments, suggestions. Or if I have something wrong on here please feel free to contact me.

Contact Doug - Webmaster.

Thanks,
Doug - Webmaster

Pass this info along to anyone you know who keeps or enjoys herps. Pass to anyone who cares. Thanks

04/18/09  10:13pm

Herb123
View Profile

Message To: Leopard gecko lover~   In reference to Message Id: 1988537

But what’s at risk?

04/19/09  07:08am

Van_jen2005
View Profile

Message To: Herb123   In reference to Message Id: 1988660

First off everyone need to go check it out it has a video and is a really good websight!
animials effected
Virtually all fish in an aquarium are not native to the United States
Most pet birds are species not native to the US
Most reptiles kept as pets are not native to the US
Hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs and ferrets are not native to the US

It really only takes a few mins of your time! This sight has been posted before and even if you only have a hermit crab dont you know someone that has a pet that will be effected by this!

Whats at risk people loosing their animials and them possibly being put down!!!!!

04/19/09  12:07pm

Herb123
View Profile

Message To: Van_jen2005   In reference to Message Id: 1988749

Well even though I’ve never had a pet reptile or amphibian, I have always loved them sooooooo much. HMMM. Maybe I’ll check it out.

04/19/09  01:21pm

Back to Hermit-Crabs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area