Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Health Issues Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Health Issues Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jeeves   Pe   Xta   Jeeves   Pe   Jeeves   Jeeves   Pe   Jeeves   Jeeves   Pe   Jeeves   Warui   KemLanh   KemLanh   KemLanh   KemLanh  

Member  Message

Jeeves
View Profile

Unhappy frilled

I have a frilled dragon that is about 4 months old. When I first got it, it would eat like crazy. For the past 3 days the same 4 crickets have been in it’s terrarium. I tried veggies and meal worms also it just won’t eat. Will this problem go away or should I worry? It seems healthy, just not eating. Please tell me what I should do. Thank You, Jeeves

08/03/03  04:34pm

Pe
View Profile

Message To: Jeeves   In reference to Message Id: 5144

Re: Unhappy frilled

Hey Jeeves,

It is hard to tell if problems like that will go away, or continue, and for how long. It is always best to spend a few bucks and take it to a vet for a check up and a stool sample. You can never tell in these kinds of situation.

PE

08/04/03  10:55am

Xta
View Profile

Not eating is never good...reptiles hide illnesses well. Take the crickets out after he hasn’t eaten them in 20 minutes or so. The crickets can bite and stress him out. A fresh stool sample to the vet would be a good idea and a checkup. Good luck.

08/04/03  07:35pm

Jeeves
View Profile

Message To: Xta   In reference to Message Id: 5184

Re: Re: Unhappy frilled

Thank you everybody. I will make an appointment tommorrow. I got him to eat 2 crickets and a meal worm by opening his mouth and putting them in is this OK?

08/04/03  09:43pm

Pe
View Profile

Message To: Jeeves   In reference to Message Id: 5195

Re: Re: Re: Unhappy frilled

I honestly don’t know if that is ok. I have done that to some reptiles that weren’t doing so hot in the past and they never really swallowed it, espeically if the insects are alive. You didn’t give him live food did you? I would definately stay away from mealworms. Just make sure to keep your frilled dragon hydrated. Making the vet appointment is your best bet, even if he does get a clean bill of health. Frilled dragons are awesome, when he gets better be sure to post some photos of him.

PE

08/04/03  09:52pm

Jeeves
View Profile

Message To: Pe   In reference to Message Id: 5197

Re: Re: Re: Re: Unhappy frilled

Thank you. When he gets better I will post pics. I have 1 now but it is of poor quality.

08/04/03  09:59pm

Jeeves
View Profile

Message To: Jeeves   In reference to Message Id: 5198

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unhappy frilled

Can somebody tell me why my pic did not show up? Thank You.

08/04/03  10:01pm

Pe
View Profile

Message To: Jeeves   In reference to Message Id: 5199

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unhappy frilled

Yep I can tell you...you didnt put the whole url on the image. For example this is what your url looks like "http://IM000179.jpg" where the url of the photo should be something like "http://domainwherehosted.com/IM000179.jpg".

Try it again.
PE

08/04/03  10:21pm

Jeeves
View Profile

Message To: Pe   In reference to Message Id: 5201

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unhappy frilled

08/04/03  10:34pm

Jeeves
View Profile

Message To: Jeeves   In reference to Message Id: 5203

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unhappy frilled

I can’t seem to figure out my pic. I am not very computer literate. I will keep trying. Domain where hosted? Is that where the pic is located or the web site I am posting it on?

08/04/03  10:40pm

Pe
View Profile

Message To: Jeeves   In reference to Message Id: 5204

Is that photo located on the internet or just from your computer?

If you don’t have the photo on the web, don’t sweat it, this site will have a photo server for its members, when it is up you can store your photos on it, and it will be easy to post photos at this forum.
You won’t have to be computer literate to use it either.

PE

08/04/03  11:30pm

Jeeves
View Profile

Message To: Pe   In reference to Message Id: 5211

Thank you I will have many pics when it is up and running.

08/05/03  03:26pm

Warui
View Profile

Message To: Jeeves   In reference to Message Id: 5251

Try out http://www.photobucket.com

05/29/06  02:08am

KemLanh
View Profile

Message To: Warui   In reference to Message Id: 808715

Greeting!
Can anyone help?I have got my frilled lizard 4 days before...in the first 3 days my frilled lizard was so happy.This little guy ate 3 times a day and moved a lot in the vivarium.I sprayed 1 times a day to make wet the floor.I have put even a water bowl under the basking spot.When i sprayed today, my frilled dragon scratched his nose to the wood and ground.And do not eat nothing today.Also the little guy is inactive, not like before.What’s wrong with it?I have 60W basking spot, i have cheramic bulb to make 30Celsius at the cooler side/at night minimum 25C.I have 12% UVB tube and 110x60x91 vivarium.i’m really getting afraid cause i wanna give the best for this little guy.I tried to make the best vivarium but some woods on the way,i’m gonna get it next week and i also have ordered rain system to make rain every day for 2 min

08/06/17  07:43am

KemLanh
View Profile

Greeting!
Can anyone help?I have got my frilled lizard 4 days before...in the first 3 days my frilled lizard was so happy.This little guy ate 3 times a day and moved a lot in the vivarium.I sprayed 1 times a day to make wet the floor.I have put even a water bowl under the basking spot.When i sprayed today, my frilled dragon scratched his nose to the wood and ground.And do not eat nothing today.Also the little guy is inactive, not like before.What’s wrong with it?I have 60W basking spot, i have cheramic bulb to make 30Celsius at the cooler side/at night minimum 25C.I have 12% UVB tube and 110x60x91 vivarium.i’m really getting afraid cause i wanna give the best for this little guy.I tried to make the best vivarium but some woods on the way,i’m gonna get it next week and i also have ordered rain system to make rain every day for 2 min

08/06/17  07:47am

KemLanh
View Profile

Greeting!

08/06/17  08:04am

KemLanh
View Profile

Unhappy frilled

Greeting!

08/06/17  08:05am

Back to Health Issues Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area