Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Health Issues Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Health Issues Forum

Landlizard17   Broxi   Alan Johnson   Ken123   Jon whittington  
 Member  Message

Landlizard17
View Profile

Remedy for constipated burm?

I have a full grown male burm that I’ve recently nursed back to health from very poor condition. he is looking alot better but will not poop any solids, only urates. His back section where his intestines would be is very thin and he has little to no muscle movement or any sign of in that area. I can feel a solid mass inside and have been able help him pass some using a warm bath and mineral oil, but the problem persists no matter what i do. He lately has been a voracious eater but i am hesitant to feed him too much while this continues...any help?

04/16/05  10:50pm

Broxi
View Profile

Message To: Landlizard17   In reference to Message Id: 312552

donít no if this helps but i have a ball python that just until three days ago
had the same problem. before then he hadnít gone since the 2 of January. i say just help him by doing what your doing by bathing him in Luke warm water. this was when my b/p passed the white urites. the swim he has will make him use the muscles he doesnít normally use. do this once or twice a week and then just let nature do her work! my b/p ate 1 rat pup a week (hes only young) he had at least 12-14 inside him. he has however done his stuff!! u can imagine how much was there. anyway hope this helps!!!!!!!

05/16/05  02:15pm

Alan Johnson
View Profile

Message To: Landlizard17   In reference to Message Id: 312552

If the prob continues find a vet that knows wot they are doing as it might b from it,s prev poor condition

12/29/05  11:54am

Ken123
View Profile

Message To: Alan Johnson   In reference to Message Id: 586320

i dont know if this is recomended but maybe put some exlax pills in the next feeder if its dead.
could help

09/16/06  03:42pm

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: Ken123   In reference to Message Id: 985396

Well, If it was you what would you do?Yep thats what I did and it worked.I gave them stool softeners and it works .Jon Whittington

03/21/11  09:38pm

Back to Health Issues Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area