Health Issues Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Health Issues Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

LittleBagheera   Takahiro111   LittleBagheera   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

LittleBagheera
View Profile

NEED ANSWER ASAP

I was holding my panther gecko, when I went to put him back in his tank he ran and jumped out of my hand and fell. He didn’t fall very far and landed on some clothes, when I picked himid back up I grabbed his tail by accident, which he of course began to release. Once he was back safe in his tank he ran around for a moment and after I left him alone he went back under his shelter. I’m just concerned about him since he released his tail and fell. Any advice on what I should do?

09/02/15  05:06pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: LittleBagheera   In reference to Message Id: 2314792

NEED ANSWER ASAP

Take out any substrate and replace it with paper towel and clean it everyday with regular neosporin until it heals and leave him alone also dont be suprised if he stop eating because it’s due to stress now but if he gets an infection,loose weight and lethargic see a herp vet.

09/02/15  06:08pm

LittleBagheera
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2314793

NEED ANSWER ASAP

Thank you. He’s been doing good. I gave him 4 crickets and he ate all but 1. He’s walking normal and the place where his tail was is looking good. I think it scared us both more than anything!

09/03/15  04:43am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: LittleBagheera   In reference to Message Id: 2314794

NEED ANSWER ASAP

Your welcome it’ll heal back but it wont look as nice as it did first. Some lizards do this as a defense mechanis, it happen to me twice with my skink i use to have it was more scary to me then aanything.

09/03/15  08:35am

Back to Health Issues Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area