Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Health Issues Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Health Issues Forum

Samelevennn   Bikerdouglas  
 Member  Message

Samelevennn
View Profile

My Leopard Gecko is sick :[

I have a relatively young Designer Leopard Gecko. I have absolutely no idea the gender, I don’t know how to identify that, but I just assume it’s a male. He’s really sick, and I don’t know what’s wrong with him or how to go about it.

He’s usually extremely alert & has a big appetite but lately has been extremely lethargic, and won’t eat anything. His eyes are very droopy, they’re always kind of half open. His tail was healthy & plump, now it’s scarily thin. He usually doesn’t like to be touched but when I took him out earlier to give him a warm bath he didn’t struggle really at all.
He is also shedding.

I’m worried, because something similar happened to my Chinese Water Dragon. He’s a bit older than my gecko, and has a completely different habitat. My Water Dragon eventually got better, but the same strange symptoms hit him as well. He was lethargic, did nothing but sleep, barely ate, and was shedding.

I don’t know if it’s something I give them or what, but I haven’t introduced them to anything new for this to happen.
They both always have clean water, albeit there will sometimes be crickets floating in there until I notice them, but for the most part it’s clean. They get crickets from the same place that they always have, and I coat them in the same calcium I always have.

If someone can give me some kind of clue, as to what it is & how to manage it, I would appreciate it.
I love my lizards too much for anything to happen.

05/08/09  05:24pm

Bikerdouglas
View Profile

Message To: Samelevennn   In reference to Message Id: 2000882

My Leopard Gecko is sick :[

he is probably hibernating that happens to my leopard every winter
if you are still worried take him to the vet

05/13/10  09:25pm

Back to Health Issues Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area