Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Health Issues Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Health Issues Forum

ThePetCastle   XxxShoc+Collarxxx   UROKEEPER  
 Member  Message

ThePetCastle
View Profile

Sunshine in a bottle?

I would like to ask the opinion of y’all on a product made by T-rex. I have had a customer ask for it, but I have never heard of it, and with what it claims, I wouldn’t trust it yet. It is called solar drops, and is touted as liquid UVB. Had anyone tried it, and what is your opinion of it? I am posting this message on several forums for reptiles that require UVB light, I hope I am not stepping over any boundaries or restrictions. If I am, or if you would like to discuss this product privately, please feel free to PM me. Thanks for your opinion,
Richard

08/14/08  01:37pm

XxxShoc+Collarxxx
View Profile

Message To: ThePetCastle   In reference to Message Id: 1830786

Sunshine in a bottle?

I have never heard of it, but it sounds dangerous to any reptile, any chemical that is in liquid form should never come in contact with a reptile, I would say no!!
A UVB light does the job just fine

09/01/08  11:31am

UROKEEPER
View Profile

Message To: XxxShoc+Collarxxx   In reference to Message Id: 1848598

Sunshine in a bottle?

there is absolutely no substitute for a good uvb source. this is not liquid uvb it is synthetic vitamin d3 which can be toxic to animals if overdosed. you would want to avoid this product. it is concentrated and dangerous to any animal. anything that sells the market as safe etc... just look at calci sand and crushed walnut shells as substrate...those should be illegal.... but hey it sells so he petstores recomend it. these substrates cause many many deaths. solar drops are another great marketing ploy. uvb is the answer

08/18/09  09:14pm

Back to Health Issues Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area