Health Issues Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Health Issues Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Vohnholley   Jon whittington  

Member  Message

Vohnholley
View Profile

Have rat mites from my bedding....please need suggestions

ok.. yesterday i found out due to my being in a hurry , my rats got mites from their bedding. So i got up this morning and picked up some new aspen instead of cyprees mulch(which i had always put in the microwave to kill anthing that was possbly living in there)a nd some insect spray which was labeled for livestock. I spoke to a antimolgist friend of mine who stated that the best thing to use on a animal would be pemethrin. granted, he stated that he had never heard of anyone treating a rat for mites but he said because of what i would be using it on would be doable. Is there anything else on the market besides frontline(which is 70 dollars for the spray around here.) that is effective with oout causing any effect to my colony? HE said i should be good, but i need more than should! i have even read on google about some one using ivramectin paste. now that scares me! so please give me some suggestions or ideas.

Bruce H.

10/24/07  03:18am

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: Vohnholley   In reference to Message Id: 1488546

Have rat mites from my bedding....please need suggestions

hey there,

It has always worked for me and it cost 20.00 and will make about 2 gallons.I mean it it does work 323-469-9271
Jon Whittington

02/19/13  04:12am

Back to Health Issues Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area