Grass Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Grass Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Expiredboyer   Cyber_smith1   Cyber_smith1  

Member  Message

Expiredboyer
View Profile

New Long tailed grass lizards

me and my buddy just bought 2 long tail grass lizards each, if anyone has any facts or care tips please i would love to hear them everything helps im only use to geckos. Thanks

04/05/11  05:05pm

Cyber_smith1
View Profile

Message To: Expiredboyer   In reference to Message Id: 2213068

They love to climb as they are arboreal. You need a UVB light as well as a basking lamp. I used vines from the garden for mine. They don’t need to be large sticks, the more you add the more climbing space is added. Dusted crickets, wax worms, and small crickets do the trick for food. They need to be in a moist environment, I usually spray once a day in the cage. They don’t drink from a water bowl usually, so the spray is important. Basically, the cage should resemble a rainforest. They can be housed with anoles people say, but I don’t do that. My cage is a 20 gallon and I have two of them in there right now. The floor of the cage can vary but do not use sand. A mulch type bedding would be fine. You need to have leaves of some sort all around the cage in the vines (fake or real or both). Make sure part of the leaves and vines are 4-5 inches away from the basking light. These lizards love to be close to the heat. They need 8-12 hours per day of light. This can go with your sleep schedule if you need.

06/09/17  01:15pm

Cyber_smith1
View Profile

Message To: Cyber_smith1   In reference to Message Id: 2320734

When I said small crickets I meant small meal worms. The crickets should also be small to start with.

06/09/17  01:47pm

Back to Grass Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area