Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Grass Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Grass Lizards Forum

Ael2595   Lizard 4  
 Member  Message

Ael2595
View Profile

New grass lizard, i have some questions

my new lizard is named Chombo. i got him four days ago. I love the little guy :) the hot side of his tank is at 82 right now, the humdity of the tank is at 70%. is this ok? im haveing trouble keeping the humdity up so i went and got the reptile wood chips but the humdity keeps dropping to 40% and i have to keep spraying the cage with water( i use bottled water[the one that come in a gallon bottle], in a clean never used before spray bottle that i bought just for him)i know im supposed to spray the cage once a day but i have to do it A LOT during the day. I was just wondering if there was anyway to keep the humdity up. i have vines and two sticks in the cage for him to climb on, he has a shallow water bowl, and a half log hide. im going to get another hide for him to put on the hot side and i need to get a thermomater for the cool side to keep track of that. should i get more things for him to climb on? oh the tank is 20 gallons. i feed him crickets that are gut loaded. he eats three every two days.i watch him eat and he is doing great. is that enough food? is it to much? the crickets are small enough to feed between his eyes. i know i sound obsessed im just new to reptiles and i want him to be happy, healthy and live a long life.

08/31/10  10:13pm

Lizard 4
View Profile

Message To: Ael2595   In reference to Message Id: 2172844

New grass lizard, i have some questions

to keep the humidety up try using tinfoil and put it over the top or get a fogger.

10/26/10  09:36am

Back to Grass Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area