Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Grass Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Grass Lizards Forum

Eestein519   Johnkorz   MultiLizard  
 Member  Message

Eestein519
View Profile

Where did my lizard go?

i’m missing a lizard. the terrarium is very tightly enclosed all the time unless i am feeding or cleaning. the animals are closely monitored during these times and never removed. i haven’t seen one of my grass lizards for several weeks, when he used to hang out in the basking light all the time. not even at meal time. did he burrow under the substrate and die? could he still be alive? i have looked in every hole and nook with a flashlight. maybe he is magic. thanks

07/07/10  09:52pm

Johnkorz
View Profile

Message To: Eestein519   In reference to Message Id: 2161052

Where did my lizard go?

You said "one of my grass lizards." Could one of the others have eaten that one?

07/14/10  10:17am

MultiLizard
View Profile

Message To: Eestein519   In reference to Message Id: 2161052

Where did my lizard go?

I have had this exact same problem. But it was also due to where the tank zipped closed, was slightly open. So, i basically guarantee you that he escaped. I found mine close to the tank under the fridge, but I would look all around, either or, wait, he will pop out and find the basking light. I have had about three time where both of my lizards escaped, two of the times, I found them on top of the tank, trying to get heat. Other times, they were right next to the tank, on the floor.

Just keep an eye out, they show up unless you have other animals, then it may have been eaten when it was out of the tank. but it just might be hiding somewhere, frightened.

07/31/10  10:57am

Back to Grass Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area