Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Grass Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Grass Lizards Forum

Fire4life   Apple pie   Fire4life   Apple pie   Fire4life  
 Member  Message

Fire4life
View Profile

Found grass lizard in wood pile

hey guys, i have identified this little critter based on pics. i found him in the house in the wood box. i am not sure if this is a wild critter or was someones pet. it is very tame. it is also missing it’s left foot and shows signs of tail regrowth. i am trying to get some info on what would be the best way to care for this guy. none of the neighbors claim him/her. i put him in a 10 gallon with uv light for now, gave him some crix, supers and greens.... any info would be helpful....

05/13/09  08:07pm

Apple pie
View Profile

Message To: Fire4life   In reference to Message Id: 2003997

They are native to Southeast Asia. It would be best to get it a 15g cage or bigger. They like it too be humid and like to climb. It’s best to have live plants in the cage. If you aren’t sure what plants to get try the plants and vegetables forum. They will eat all kinds of bugs but don’t feed them too many hard ones (mealworms, etc don’t feed them beetles or pill bugs). feed it every day if it’s a juvenile or every other if it’s an adult. they can live for more than five years.

05/15/09  06:37pm

Fire4life
View Profile

Message To: Apple pie   In reference to Message Id: 2005286

how do you tell if it is a juvenile? this little one is maybe 3 to 4" stl.... i put some dirt and grass in the tank, and he seems happier... i stopped feeding the supers. i have crix and roaches.. are they ok to feed? thanks for the info

05/19/09  11:00pm

Apple pie
View Profile

Message To: Fire4life   In reference to Message Id: 2007877

Did you include the tail when you measured it? My lizard won’t eat everything if I feed him every day. Superworms are ok for him just don’t feed him just superworms. Crickets and roaches are fine. Mine eats about 3-6 crickets every other day. Could you post a picture of the lizard.

05/20/09  12:24pm

Fire4life
View Profile

Message To: Apple pie   In reference to Message Id: 2008115

yes i measured his tail, but it does have about an inch of regrowth, so i dont know how long it was originally, but her body is pretty small, she is fairly equal in proportion, tail length vs body length. cool, i will try some roaches.. i will try to get pics up, i just got a new camera, cause my other one is buried in storage... i have tried to put them up before and not succeeded, but will try again..

05/24/09  02:27pm

Back to Grass Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area