Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Grass Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Grass Lizards Forum

Lightning Bolt   7916   Apple pie  
 Member  Message

Lightning Bolt
View Profile

New to grass lizards please help with set up

Hi I wanna get a Grass Lizard I have a 10 gallon tank I put about 3 inches of dirt as a substrate and then I planted grass seed now the grass is getting bigandd I wanna put something in the tank so please give some advice about temperatures hides food and evrything else

11/17/08  08:12am

View Profile

Message To: Lightning Bolt   In reference to Message Id: 1900103

WELL YOU NEED A 12 GALLON TANK FOR A GRASS LIZARD AND YOU NEED TO KEEP IT WORM ABOUT 95 DIGES

11/27/08  04:05pm

Apple pie
View Profile

Message To: Lightning Bolt   In reference to Message Id: 1900103

The basking area should be 90-95 degrees F (you need a uv light), during the day it should be around 80 degrees F in the tank, and at night it should be about 70 degrees F. The humidity should be about 70%. To raise the humidity mist the cage once or twice a day. He will mostly drink water droplets off the grass (from you misting) but he might drink from a water bowl every now and then. He will hide and sleep in the grass. You can put sticks and rocks in the cage for him to climb and sun himself on. Clean any sticks from outside by boiling them in water for an hour (to kill bacteria, parisites, etc) or bake them at 200 degrees F. Clean rocks from outside with 90% water:10% bleach (and rinse well). They eat crickets, fruit flies, pheonix worms, butterworms, waxworms, mealworms, etc. It would be good to get a cage that’s a little bigger or you could get a green anole (they are taken care of about the same way).

02/10/09  02:17pm

Back to Grass Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area