Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Grass Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Grass Lizards Forum

WolfRin   WolfRin   Monster545  
 Member  Message

WolfRin
View Profile

Thinking of getting a grass lizard

i went to the pet shop today and saw the cutest thing. they had some long tailed grass lizards i have a old home made anole cage and i was wondering if one would be ok in it. its a 11 gallon tall tank and its attached to the wall. i have a few questions i cant seem to find the answers to on care sheets.

1) what kind of uv light should i use?
2) how many crickets and mealworms should i feed it and how often?
3) can u use repti bark bedding for a grass lizard?

any other info would be helpful

heres a pic of the tank i have

this is a old pic from when the anoles where still in it its now empty and has been disinfected with bleach

08/02/08  05:59pm

WolfRin
View Profile

Message To: WolfRin   In reference to Message Id: 1817279

would a 5.00 uv light be ok? my room temp is around 75-80*F (some times almost 85-90*F)would it be ok without a heat light? i dont think i would have room on the top for both a uv and heat light

08/02/08  06:32pm

Monster545
View Profile

Message To: WolfRin   In reference to Message Id: 1817321

How did you make this tank? I would love to make a costum tank for my leo, and I would look on wen=bsites on google, ones breeders have put up, and go from there. I personally think its fine, but Ive owner anoles before, and they were great. I released them (they were wild caught, and fed up over the winter then released) And I recently saw a baby of one of my anoles in my house yesterday, they were so small ^^

04/12/10  08:09pm

Back to Grass Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area