Back to Gila Monster-Beaded Lizard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Gila Monster-Beaded Lizard Forum

BoaBabe448   LGL   Reptic Haven  
 Member  Message

BoaBabe448
View Profile

Best Birthday Ever! Read!

Well..

My moms BF haggled some stuff, and got me and my best friend behind the scenes tour of the reptile house at the zoo. We went with the Curator of Herpetology there.

It was great, they had about 100 animals that werenít on display. Lots of Gaboons, carpet pythons, tree vipers, Beaded Lizards, leopard geckos, tortoises (babys and adults), turtles, basically everything you can think of. They even had a quarintine room full of frogs that they were trying to save from the fungi that is spreading and wiping out the frog popullation.

First thing we did was look at the Beaded Lizards, and guess what? They have the FIRST DISCOVERED SPECIMEN of the Guatamalen Beaded Lizard right there at the Zoo, but it is not on display. They were only found about in 1985 by the Curater of Herps professor, that was the one he found first. There are only 15 Guatamalen Beaded Lizards in the world, half are at the Sandiego Zoo, Half at the ATL zoo. They only in habited this ONE part of desert surrounded by a jungle, and when they found them it was being destroyed and most had already died off.

After we looked at the beaded lizards, we looked at alot of baby turtles and tortoises and little tiny baby frogs. We got to Hold and Hook their Emerald Tree Boas, and I held their Leos. It was just too much to put all on here, but we saw alot. It was so great.

I just thought I would tell you guyz what fun I had, I will post pictures later.

07/31/05  09:24am

LGL
View Profile

Message To: BoaBabe448   In reference to Message Id: 422197

That sounds awesome! Iím glad you had a good birthday! Happy Birthday by the way!

LGL

07/31/05  11:44am

Reptic Haven
View Profile

Message To: LGL   In reference to Message Id: 422307

Wow!!That does sond like fun. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Nick

07/31/05  04:02pm

Back to Gila Monster-Beaded Lizard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area