Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Gila Monster-Beaded Lizard Forum   Forums   Home   Log-In   Log-Out   Members Area  

Gila Monster-Beaded Lizard Forum

Twistedted   GimliMakaio   LGL   Florida boy   Jason Kaye   Removed By System  
 Member  Message

Twistedted
View Profile

Wondering about shipping Gila monsters

Iím wondering about getting a Gila monster i live in ks. right know but Iím moving to AZ. I want to get one out here before i move. There is no regulations out here about me having one. But if i do get one out here can i bring it to AZ. and if I can, can I bread them out there?

07/20/05  03:13AM

GimliMakaio
View Profile

Message To: Twistedted   In reference to Message Id: 408749

No, they are an endangered species and are illegal to keep unless you have a permit to do so.

07/26/05  05:37AM

LGL
View Profile

Message To: GimliMakaio   In reference to Message Id: 416303

You only need a permit in certain states. For example, you donít need a permit to own a Gila here in CO.

LGL

07/31/05  11:51AM

Florida boy
View Profile

Message To: LGL   In reference to Message Id: 422316

If you are able to purchase one and do so legaly shipping requirements should be met by the seller. I would think it would be like shipping a venomous snake,by air only.Check your local regulations and remember not all bans are limited to State alot of restrictions and bans vary by city or even community.

11/02/05  08:47PM

Jason Kaye
View Profile

Message To: Twistedted   In reference to Message Id: 408749

You will probably need a "Hot Box," which is a fully garded wooden crate for transporting Venomos animals and you will need to look up your local areas laws about the lizard as a pet itself too.

07/24/06  08:07PM

Removed By System
View Profile

Message To: GimliMakaio   In reference to Message Id: 416303

Gila Monster-Beaded Lizard

Removed By System

02/01/07  03:12PM

Back to Gila Monster-Beaded Lizard Forum   Forums   Home   Log-In   Log-Out   Members Area