Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Firebrwd   Firebrwd   Firebrwd  

Member  Message

Firebrwd
View Profile

Shedding too often?

We have a fat tail gecko that is shedding for the fourth time in maybe two months. She is somewhere around 8 years old and I don’t remember her ever shedding this often. We noticed her tail got very thin last month and found it might have been her cage was too cool so we replaced the heat pad. Her appetite seems to come and go too. Is she ok?
Thanks

11/27/11  01:00pm

Firebrwd
View Profile

Message To: Firebrwd   In reference to Message Id: 2245442

Shedding too often? And More Please help!

I took our Ms Gecko to the Vet because of the shedding and because we noticed her belly is mostly blue now. We read here and on another forum about the blue meaning she might be impacted.
Here is my problem. If she were impacted she wouldn’t be pooping right? but she is. And she is eating sporadically so she does have an appetite. He tank is warm enough and we are spraying for humidity a few times a day. The vet said the blue is intestinal bleeding but he could not determine why. He gave me Carnivor to mix and feed her two to four times a day which I am. He said this could be caused by any number of reasons , cancer being one of them and said if she does not improve by sunday we should euthanize her because the "bleeding" would indicate that she would likely be in pain and it would be the right thing to do.
I am not comfortable with that scenario and am hoping someone here can offer me some advice some something so I do the right thing. she seems so ok other wise. She is moving around and she seems alert for the most part. I know she is almost 9 but ?? Help Please

12/02/11  10:03am

Firebrwd
View Profile

Message To: Firebrwd   In reference to Message Id: 2245442

Shedding too often? And More Please help!

I took our Ms Gecko to the Vet because of the shedding and because we noticed her belly is mostly blue now. We read here and on another forum about the blue meaning she might be impacted.
Here is my problem. If she were impacted she wouldn’t be pooping right? but she is. And she is eating sporadically so she does have an appetite. He tank is warm enough and we are spraying for humidity a few times a day. The vet said the blue is intestinal bleeding but he could not determine why. He gave me Carnivor to mix and feed her two to four times a day which I am. He said this could be caused by any number of reasons , cancer being one of them and said if she does not improve by sunday we should euthanize her because the "bleeding" would indicate that she would likely be in pain and it would be the right thing to do.
I am not comfortable with that scenario and am hoping someone here can offer me some advice some something so I do the right thing. she seems so ok other wise. She is moving around and she seems alert for the most part. I know she is almost 9 but ?? Help Please

12/02/11  11:23am

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area