Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

ETamblin1234   Reptile<3lover   Smurfzilla   Wolflover426  

Member  Message

ETamblin1234
View Profile

Please help,

I hove a Female African Fat Tailed- Gekco, i dont know how old she is exzactly, its been about 2-3 weeks ago since i got her and she wont eat or drink anything, like for the fist or second day she ate the food and drank, but then out of the blue she stops eating, i’ve been removeing the crickets that she doesnt eat, but then her skins is becomeing a silverish color,
*what reptial vet. around (watertown, adams, or cuse) would be good?

01/20/10  04:57pm

Reptile<3lover
View Profile

Message To: ETamblin1234   In reference to Message Id: 2115609

Please help,

if you could post some pictures that would be a help but also its winter so theyll slow down on eating i would just say keep a close eye on her you can also try hand feeding her with some tweezers or something and you wont always see them drink but trust me they do hope i was a help

<3 Brittany <3

01/20/10  10:42pm

Smurfzilla
View Profile

Message To: Reptile<3lover   In reference to Message Id: 2115735

Please help,

sounds like shes shedding if shes changing colors.. keep up the humidity and leave her be. put crickets in overnight and pull excess out in the morning. gives them a chance to hunt and doesnt stress them out.

02/03/10  09:32am

Wolflover426
View Profile

Message To: ETamblin1234   In reference to Message Id: 2115609

Please help,

I agree with the post above me (can’t remember the exact username started with an S...) From her

Quote:

skins is becomeing a silverish color,

it sounds like she’s shedding. Just leave her be and make sure there is a high humidity to help her shed. If it seems she’s having a little trouble put her in a container with paper towels soaked in hot water for 30 minutes.

04/14/15  08:08am

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area