Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

Bgj1010   Bgj1010   Bgj1010   EvilTrailMix   Firewolf  
 Member  Message

Bgj1010
View Profile

Been a while

It’s been a while since I’ve been here until today. Here are some pix of Cuweena from today. She’s about 5 years old now...

She’d be just about 7" long now, but we had a little "accident" with her tail a couple years back. Absolutely horrible experience. That’s a completely regrown tail from the first ring...

This is how I retain humidity/moisture - A daily saturating mist of an entire water bottle (about 16oz.)several water bowls (sponges help dissipate moisture if you have any (NOT dish sponges; get them from pet shop!) Also, that’s 2 sections of plexiglas on top. Screen-tops allow too much drying out. There’s plenty of oxygen in there, don’t worry! Drill a few holes if you’re afraid, but I’ve had this type of setup for almost the entire time I’ve had her, about 4.5 years I guess. I’ve experimented with all her surroundings and found this to be THE BEST setup...

09/12/09  05:20pm

Bgj1010
View Profile

Message To: Bgj1010   In reference to Message Id: 2070997

Been a while

Wow. Just browsed my Photobucket page and can’t even believe how beautiful her tail was before the accident! I’m in shock that I forgot how long it was!! And another pic I found shows that she was exactly 7.5" before that dreadful day... :( Poor baby. I still think she’s beautiful...

09/12/09  05:53pm

Bgj1010
View Profile

Message To: Bgj1010   In reference to Message Id: 2071007

Wow...

Wow. This forum is still about as active as an African Fat Tailed Gecko... :(

09/16/09  06:28pm

EvilTrailMix
View Profile

Message To: Bgj1010   In reference to Message Id: 2071007

Been a while

Great looking gecko, and I love the setup! I’ve never seen a gecko with that coloring before. I like it!

The tarantula forum isn’t very active, either... lol

09/17/09  11:02pm

Firewolf
View Profile

Message To: EvilTrailMix   In reference to Message Id: 2073150

Been a while

Two questions:
1. I noticed in one of the pics you have some fruit (or some baby food looking stuff). Does your AFT actually eat it or is it more for attracting the crickets to one spot? Mine won’t touch anything but crickets.
2. Do you use that much water every day? I know most AFTs prefer very little water (at least mine does) and actually explore more when the humidity levels are overall lower with one or two spots that are higher.
Anyways, just curious. Looks very cute, great coloring!

04/05/10  02:46pm

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area