Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

Sovereigngale   Randy Clark   Bgj1010   Randy Clark  
 Member  Message

Sovereigngale
View Profile

Neal not eating?

Neal shed about three or four days ago, and before that he had a few wax worms. I’ve had crickets for a week (length of time vet said to wait before feeding), and only two survived... Neal won’t eat them.

Is it normal to not eat this long after a shed?

Yes his terrarium temps, humidity, etc, are normal/required, etc.

07/10/09  08:32pm

Randy Clark
View Profile

Message To: Sovereigngale   In reference to Message Id: 2037408

Neal not eating?

First off why did the vet tell you not to feed it for a week? If it was there for a problem that may very well be why. I don’t like to do this but I have to with mine because they won’t eat during the day at all so I leave a few crickets in at night,be sure to put a small piece of lettuce or orange in the cage so the crickets have something to naw on instaed of your gecko. Or try meal or superworms and see if it responds to them. What type of lighting do you have on it? If you don’t already try a red heat lamp full time I had to do it with leapard geckos to get them to eat during the daytime.

07/26/09  12:51am

Bgj1010
View Profile

Message To: Randy Clark   In reference to Message Id: 2045431

Neal not eating?

I feed mine 12-15 crickets once a week, usually on Sat. It’s the only way she eats. She’s never been a piggy. She’s very lazy, therefore the food lasts that long. She’s far from starved or skinny by any means. She’s actually so lazy, I have to drop the crix in her rock hide one at a time! She hasn’t hunted in years!! Good thing she’s a pet. She’d never survive in the wild.

FYI - Some snakes only eat a small/med rat once a month. I’m actually contemplating picking up a corn snake soon. I had 2 ball pythons a long time ago and miss my snakes :(. Had to sell when the wife got preggers. They say reptiles are really bad to have around preggar women and young children...

09/12/09  12:32pm

Randy Clark
View Profile

Message To: Bgj1010   In reference to Message Id: 2070935

Neal not eating?

What is the reason not to have reptiles around pregnant women and small children? Never heard that unless they’re referring to the chance of samonella poisoning,which is not as common as most people think it is when your animals are kept properly. As for your geckos I picked up a breeding pair of fat tails a little over a month ago and my male eats daily and the female is about like yours,she only eats once or twice a week.

09/12/09  06:48pm

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area