Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Draco100   AllHailRain   Leah_Lizard   Bgj1010   MultiLizard   Speck   Lady Mudpuppy  

Member  Message

Draco100
View Profile

Good Lizard?

I was just wondering if fat tails are good lizards and I heard that they just need higher humidity and other than that temps, feeding, and size of tank needed are pretty much the same as that of a leo’s. I just want some opinions regarding them.

Thank you

05/05/09  06:20pm

AllHailRain
View Profile

Message To: Draco100   In reference to Message Id: 1999172

Good Lizard?

they’re pretty low maintenance and chill. definitely always okay with being handled as long as you do it the right amount..too much stresses them, and too little makes them forget about how to be handled, just like everything else. they sleep pretty much 99.99% of the time, and get up only a little to explore or eat. but they are very sweet, would never worry about mine biting me, even when i syringe nasty stuff in his mouth.

if you’re looking for something super active and fun to watch..probably not.
but if you have a busy life, like i do, all you have to do for them is switch a light and drop crickets in, pour water in dish and get some on the leaves. i bought a humidifier, so i don’t have to spray the tank down religiously to keep the humidity up. i fully clean out the tank every couple of months. and that’s entirely it..there’s no effort at all in taking care of them. which makes them even cooler. :)

05/05/09  08:40pm

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Message To: AllHailRain   In reference to Message Id: 1999258

Good Lizard?

they are great! make a great pet, elmo is handled often and as a result is cuddly as a kitten. when it gets cold he’s very snuggly. the only effort for me is feedign because he doesn’t see mealworms as food so i have to make him eat (no i don’t force feed)

05/07/09  05:19pm

Bgj1010
View Profile

Message To: AllHailRain   In reference to Message Id: 1999258

Good Lizard?

everything AHR said is spot on! Too funny. I totally love mine, but she would be so much cooler if she moved around without me making her do it...

09/12/09  12:37pm

MultiLizard
View Profile

Message To: Bgj1010   In reference to Message Id: 2070936

Good Lizard?

I’m not sure about mine. He’s very snuggly, but today I went to reach in to get my long-tail and he arched his back and hissed like a snake or cat. I think he may not have been handled much at the pet store because we just got him less than a week ago

02/04/10  09:55pm

Speck
View Profile

Message To: MultiLizard   In reference to Message Id: 2120445

Good Lizard?

you have more than one type of lizard together?
don’t do that.

02/13/10  10:25pm

Lady Mudpuppy
View Profile

Message To: Draco100   In reference to Message Id: 1999172

Good Lizard?

YES very good lizards!! I have 1 and I have had her for 4 years, with no problems at ALL!! I recommend them for beginner owners, as they are very sweet and do not need to be fed as much as others. However, like most geckos, they have a defense mechanism to ’drop’ their tails. If they feel threatened or if someone grabs them by their tail, the tail will drop off. The tail does grow back, as my gecko’s did in 2 months. Dont ask!!

12/11/11  10:46am

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area