Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

Carolinatwilight   Starshine   Leah_Lizard  
 Member  Message

Carolinatwilight
View Profile

Fat Tailed Gecko..Broken leg?

Ok, my gecko Rusty sheds just fine, no problems. We went out of town for 6 days and when we got back I noticed she still have some of the skin on he back left leg..it looked really thick, but she usually gets it off. So I waited a few days. So today me & my husband got out the tweezers and started pulling it off...it was SO THICK..but we got it off & at first it freaked us out because we thought she was going to lose the leg..but the leg is there it just seems as though the shedding skin cut off the circulation & now that leg is limp & not working! Is it broken, is it a matter of getting the blood moving again? What should I do. Will this kill her? I am so upset! She is the sweetest little thing...and I have had her for 7 years, & I feel guilty like I did this to her. Can someone help me?

Thanks so much.

Robin/Carolinatwilight

04/26/09  03:58pm

Starshine
View Profile

Message To: Carolinatwilight   In reference to Message Id: 1993475

Hello Carolinatwilight
I’m so sorry that your gecko is hurting.

I’m afraid I don’t have much comforting news. ...... if the skin cut off the circulation to the leg for any length of time, then the leg tissue would have died off, like with people, and will probably need to be amputated by the vet. ( Just my opinion)

Either way she needs to get into see a vet as soon as you can manage it.

Best of luck

04/27/09  05:27am

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Message To: Starshine   In reference to Message Id: 1993806

good luck to you and your gecko the only shedding accident i’ve experienced so far is elmo pulled of his toenails (they still haven’t gron back)

05/02/09  08:54am

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area