Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Fish girl   Starshine   Bobbi j.  

Member  Message

Fish girl
View Profile

Gecko very SICK!! HELP

My aft is very sick. He has not eaten for a while. he will drink but not eat. his tail has withered away to nothingness. He is not in sand. he has plenty on humidity and lighting. Could it have been a parasite from a cricket he ate? i cant think of anything else it would be. it is always very warm, not drafts, and his tank mate is perfectly healthy and eating.

thanks,
Camille

04/16/09  11:12pm

Starshine
View Profile

Message To: Fish girl   In reference to Message Id: 1987382

Gecko very SICK!! HELP

Could be a parasite, or it could be being bullied by it’s tank mate, causing it to be stressed out and the not eating and losing weight would be a result of that. AFT’s rather live alone.

I strongly suggest separation them, and seeing a vet.

Good luck :)

04/17/09  05:30am

Bobbi j.
View Profile

Message To: Fish girl   In reference to Message Id: 1987382

Gecko very SICK!! HELP

My male aaft was the same way so i separated them and hand fed him and he got stronger but when i thought he was strong enough to feed himself i stoped hand feeding him and he started geting weak so i wached him as he moved around his tank and he bumped in to every thing and i figered out he was blind he could not see anything so now i hand feed him every day till he dousent take the cricket and that shows me he is full i showed him how to walk around his cage and now he remembers were everything is and he hardly ever runs in to anything and he is healthy as can be so there are 2 reasons that i can think of good luck.

12/29/12  12:15pm

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area