Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

ForestofWolf   AllHailRain   Starshine   Leah_Lizard   Sovereigngale  
 Member  Message

ForestofWolf
View Profile

I’m asking you...

How often is your AFT out and about? I’ve had my AFT for a couple years and I don’t see her out often at all. I know they’re nocturnal....I talking about at night. Also, how long do they usually live? Only because I’ve heard so many different answers.

04/07/09  08:03pm

AllHailRain
View Profile

Message To: ForestofWolf   In reference to Message Id: 1981969

I’m asking you...

mine usually comes out for the night time and plops down in the middle of the tank until i feed him, but that’s only in the summer. in the winter, i really never see him out and about.
but he was also out a lot more when he was under a year old, now he’s more into the routine of things and enjoys sleeping hidden pretty much all of the time.

and i’ve read in between 15-25 years depending on the overall health, stress levels, etc of the gecko. it’s a huge gap, but some animals just have a large range of healthy life spans. Some domestic house cats also die healthy at age 13, while some die healthy at 23. i think it’s mostly based on the animal themselves. some are destined to stick around longer than others.

04/07/09  10:46pm

Starshine
View Profile

Message To: AllHailRain   In reference to Message Id: 1982117

I’m asking you...

One of my girls is out every morning, for her fresh water, she won’t drink warm water that sat all day, so she’ll drink in the morning, and play in it at night. I’m up very early in the morning, between 5-6 am, and that’s normally when I see mine. Also about an hour after lights out they are out and about for a short time. They do love to hide.

As for life times, I’ve heard/ read the same, between 10-25 years.

04/08/09  05:59am

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Message To: Starshine   In reference to Message Id: 1982203

I’m asking you...

my gecko only comes out after i feed him to poop and dirnk then he hides again

04/10/09  04:05pm

Sovereigngale
View Profile

Message To: Leah_Lizard   In reference to Message Id: 1983606

I’m asking you...

I coo at Neal sometimes to try to get him to come out. He gives me the evil eye. Other than that, I don’t see him.

04/13/09  11:16pm

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area