Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

Lizardlore   Starshine   Lizardlore   Lizardlore   Starshine  
 Member  Message

Lizardlore
View Profile

Hi/info

Hi,Im a leopard gecko owner but i want to find out more about African Fat Tailed Geckos.If people could give me info that would be great. ~lizardlore~

03/16/09  08:13pm

Starshine
View Profile

Message To: Lizardlore   In reference to Message Id: 1969733

Hi/info

Hi Lizardlore, What type of information are you looking for? Have you read the care sheets on here?

03/17/09  08:47pm

Lizardlore
View Profile

Message To: Starshine   In reference to Message Id: 1970285

Hi/info

yes Starshine I have read some care sheets but not alot of them.
the type of information Im looking for is cage setup,general care ect. ~lizardlore~

03/18/09  08:17am

Lizardlore
View Profile

Message To: Starshine   In reference to Message Id: 1970285

Hi/info

yes Starshine I have read some care sheets but not alot of them.
the type of information Im looking for is cage setup,general care ect. ~lizardlore~

03/18/09  08:20am

Starshine
View Profile

Message To: Lizardlore   In reference to Message Id: 1970505

Hi/info

Hi Lizardlore
I’m so sorry it’s taken so long ( thought someone else might jump in ) and I’ve had a house full of flu infested children lol.

AFT’s require a higher humidity then leo’s approx 70% . I use coconut fiber for substrate as it helps hold humidity well. Mine each have two hides, one on the cooler side and one on the warm side. They also have a place to lay in the open, one has an actual basking rock( 18 bucks) the other uses the log decoration it has. Water dishes, and they also both have fake vines they can climb, although I rarely see them doing so.

Temp’s well my girls seem happiest and eat the best at different temps, one is about 83 and the other is 88. Changing their temps changes how they’ve acted, that’s my personal experience anyways. They have ceramic heaters, UTH, and day lighting.

Care sheets I’ve read said to feed 2-3 times a week. I offer mine food every night. Some times they won’t even look at it, other nights they go right to lunch there is not really pattern to it. But I also feed in a separate tub, and that’s not needed. And of course they still need the vitamins. No calcium dish is needed in their tanks though.

Lighting, again most people say because they are nocturnal they don’t need UVB lighting, my girls have it anyways. They still need the day/night light cycle and I do see mine out a fair amount during the day.

Most AFT"s will eat both crickets and mealies, mine won’t...... picky brats they are lol.

Did I miss anything you wanted to know?? So sorry it took so long to answer

03/26/09  11:37am

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area