Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

Leah_Lizard   AllHailRain   Leah_Lizard   Starshine   Leah_Lizard  
 Member  Message

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Cage temps?

My cage is always around 75-80 degrees during the day and 75-70 ish at night. Isn’t that too low? My gecko eats about six big worms a night and as soon as the light goes out he runs around and climbs all night. He is pooping normally too. Can my temps stay that way if he’s fine?

12/07/08  02:15pm

AllHailRain
View Profile

Message To: Leah_Lizard   In reference to Message Id: 1910612

Cage temps?

i would say to bump it up about 5 degrees, but really if he’s fine..i wouldn’t declare it a tragedy that it’s a few degrees too low. just don’t let it get any lower than that.

12/07/08  02:54pm

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Message To: AllHailRain   In reference to Message Id: 1910637

Cage temps?

My heat pad used to keep his cage in the high 80s now its low seventies If i win the zoomed contest thing I’ll get him a thermostat

12/08/08  07:53am

Starshine
View Profile

Message To: Leah_Lizard   In reference to Message Id: 1911024

Cage temps?

My opinion is if he is doing fine, leave it.... Stimpy doesn’t do well on lower temps, and Georga won’t move at all on higher temps, so I’ve adjusted their temps to them, and they both seem happier. I just make sure they both have UTHs, They seem to poop and eat better with them.

12/12/08  09:04am

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Message To: Starshine   In reference to Message Id: 1913311

Cage temps?

In the summer when its around 90 degrees he gets to hot and won’t eat much, and I figured out why everything was fine when he was a little cold. As soon as he eats he goes and lays next to the heat pad for awhile. Then he runs off to poop and plays the rest of the night. Then he goes to the heat pad again, sometimes he falls asleep next to it. He’s so cute, when i turn on his light he wakes up and goes under his log.

12/16/08  01:44pm

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area