Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

Leah_Lizard   Sovereigngale   Leah_Lizard   Starshine   Leah_Lizard  
 Member  Message

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Cost?

Does anyone know how much a white out female would cost. They will be available on jmgreptile.com in early 2009. I don’t think my mom would let me get one but oh well, I still want to know. Also I’ve heard yes and no to this question so I guess it depends on the gecos but,......

Can you keep a male and female in the same enclosure without them overbreeding? Some people said that they’re females were the bos ans would only breed when they were ready, but others have said no. How possible is it for it to work, like 9 times out of 10 or something?

12/01/08  07:02pm

Sovereigngale
View Profile

Message To: Leah_Lizard   In reference to Message Id: 1907685

Cost?

I thought that it wasn’t a good idea in the first place (?) because the male will be all dominant and such. Not like a male vs male deal, but he’ll use all the "good" hides and try to eat most of the food himself? I know what I’m trying to say but it’s not coming out right. XD

12/02/08  12:45pm

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Message To: Sovereigngale   In reference to Message Id: 1908001

Cost?

Are you saying he’ll be a the alpha male jerk? I wouldn’t get one until I can make a platform to give my tank extra room and there will be a wall to climb on in the back. that will be alomost fifty gallons worth of walking/climbing space. Would that change anything

12/02/08  05:03pm

Starshine
View Profile

Message To: Leah_Lizard   In reference to Message Id: 1908111

Cost?

Leah, everything I’ve read all say the same thing... not to house two males together and not to house a male with only one female. Same as Leos. Of course like everything else, as humans we are always tempted to try it and see what happens lol.

As for the costs, I have no clue, all I’ve been able to see in person around here are the plain AFT’s and they are 89.99 on sale lol.( plus taxes)Which is why I don’t have a room full of these beautiful babies.

12/04/08  07:19pm

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Message To: Starshine   In reference to Message Id: 1909327

Cost?

wow that’s a lot for a regular. I got mine at petco for 60 dollars, but at an expo they would have lowered the price because of his morph and regrown tail. he would have been 30 or 40 dollars. I was talking to people in a reptile chat room who said their female was bossy and wouldn’t mate with him until she was ready. i guess i’lll see depending on how elmo interacts with his friend once they are old enough to breed.

12/07/08  02:11pm

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area