Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

Leah_Lizard   Manderzratz   Starshine   Manderzratz   Starshine   Leah_Lizard  
 Member  Message

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Squeaky?

I have a question. My gecko makes squeaky noises sometimes, they aren’t loud or anything. Just if I scare him a little or he gets a little angry but not enough to hiss. What is that?

11/25/08  09:36pm

Manderzratz
View Profile

Message To: Leah_Lizard   In reference to Message Id: 1904879

Squeaky?

he is upset. he might not want to be handled or not like what you are doing at that moment.

11/25/08  11:02pm

Starshine
View Profile

Message To: Manderzratz   In reference to Message Id: 1904925

Squeaky?

Hi Leah :)
I don’t know why yours does it, my Georga does it too, she normally does it nights that I don’t pay much attention to her, or if she’s active and sees I’m still up, When I hear her if I’m up, I take her out and hold he a bit, she seems to like it, will sit and stare at me really attentively.

Both girls have made a different noise, one will do it, then a few minutes later the other one will, as if they are talking to each other, it’s sorta cute.I’m wondering what will happen when I get my male??

I know other species of Geckos have different calls as well. So far I’ve only heard two sounds from mine, and neither sound seems angry or scared, they’ve never screamed or hissed.

11/26/08  12:35pm

Manderzratz
View Profile

Message To: Starshine   In reference to Message Id: 1905151

Squeaky?

hahaha. well maybe georga does it because she’s upset you’re not holding her? my leo only does it to say "alright. enough. put me down."

11/26/08  01:25pm

Starshine
View Profile

Message To: Manderzratz   In reference to Message Id: 1905185

Squeaky?

LOL that could be, she seems to be a "cuddle bug" Stimpy wants little to do with anyone if there isn’t a cricket involved......

Sorry Leah, didn’t mean to hijack

11/26/08  01:38pm

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Message To: Starshine   In reference to Message Id: 1905196

Squeaky?

Oh I don’t care, I don’t see why it even bothers people. They freak out because someone posted a comment. (that’s what you’re supposed to do lol) If I move my hand by him a little too fast he does it. It’s very quet, almost like when you acidtentally whistle through your teeth. I’m going to go feed him now.

11/26/08  09:00pm

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area