Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Yellowfang   Marcelo P Dasilva   Smurfzilla   Yellowfang   GeckoGuy777   Smurfzilla   Yellowfang   Gazaway619   Comet3705   Gazaway619   EricaLynn   ShadowX   Yellowfang   S.   Yellowfang   KatiiB   Reflex   Capndave   Cassie_102   AllHailRain   Reptile Bullie   Lady Mudpuppy   Bobbi j.  

Member  Message

Yellowfang
View Profile

Who says fat-tails donít bite...

Ok. The male (who is more fisty anyways) was sleeping under the half log and I just reached under and grab him, which probably scared him so he bit and then like twisted his head so it would rip off the skin. It hurt too...but I just HAD to take a pic before cleaning it!

Yellowfang

06/21/07  12:53am

Marcelo P Dasilva
View Profile

Message To: Yellowfang   In reference to Message Id: 1327291

the bites are fun ah I got biten from my golden gecko and I will always have the scar lol

06/21/07  02:50am

Smurfzilla
View Profile

Message To: Marcelo P Dasilva   In reference to Message Id: 1327354

lol.. they can bite.. boomer shredded my finger tip when i had to haul him out from behind a drawer.. he was so scared.. i dont blame him for biting.. i had to rip the drawer out to get to him.. it was loud and scary for him.. i have a scar there now.. he also took a hunk our of my boyfriends finger just because he wanted to.
havent been bitten by any of my females though.

06/21/07  12:34pm

Yellowfang
View Profile

Message To: Smurfzilla   In reference to Message Id: 1327714

Itís just the guys...AS ALWAYS!

Yellowfang

06/21/07  01:30pm

GeckoGuy777
View Profile

Message To: Yellowfang   In reference to Message Id: 1327759

Ahh not quite at my house... I have a phsyco female, Mocha. She attacked the guy at petsmart and cut him open. She also attacked my friend, (I told him she was the nicest gecko Iíve ever seen, lol, Iím such a good friend) bit him three times, and made him fall over backwards. It was the funniest thing Iíve ever seen. She hissed at another friend. But sheís always been fine with me, and one of my friends. Crazy little girl, I donít blame her. Iíd try to take a petsmart employeeís hand off too, especially if I was pregnant and he was groping around me and my tank.

It is really mean, but once I saw this really agressive lizard, I donít know what it was, but I asked the guy if I could see it, and it slashed his hand open (at petco). The guy was a complete jerk though, and I think the lizard was waiting for him to get too close anyway, lol...

06/21/07  11:41pm

Smurfzilla
View Profile

Message To: GeckoGuy777   In reference to Message Id: 1328628

lol.. ive been bit by a lot worse than a smallish lizard.. ever tried to get an unhappy pitbull/bulldog mix to take allergy pills? im not really afraid of being bitten anymore.. at least by small animals anyway. lol
i have the papertowel covered in blood from my bite from boomer. he took off about a square centimeter of skin off my finger tip.. since he sheared it off it took about 45 minutes of constant pressure to get it to finally clot and stop oozing. he was terrified though, so i dont blame him.. he usually loves being out an d sitting on shoulders.. well to be out and sit on my shoulder. lol.
our one leopard gecko stubb can bite too.. shes a little bit of a loon.. but living 8-9 years in a little ten gallon with nothing but sand, a half log, a light that was never turned off, and the only real people contact in that time was having a dozen crickets dumped in 1-2 times a week will do that.. she realized early on that people will put you down if you bite the side of the finger where the nail meets skin and shake. though shes a lot calmer now.. still a bit of a nut, but not really bitey anymore.

06/22/07  07:40am

Yellowfang
View Profile

Message To: Smurfzilla   In reference to Message Id: 1328917

The worst reptile bite I got was from an iguana. It bit the tip of my thumb and blood was everywhere. (in his cage, on him, ect) Then thereís a water snake that always loves to bite me. Last week he bit between my fingers and then the week before that he bit my finger three times. lol. But there were people cleaning his cage, so I kept holding him while I was bleeding. Then Iíve had scratches galore from iguanas. Then my 1 year old BP bit my wrist because I was reaching about an inch over her to get a rat pup (I donít know why!? But I was talking on the phone with my grandma at the moment) Then she bit and started to wrap about my wrist. (which made her teeth pull on my skin) So she got her entire body wrapped on me and then she let go. (of course, everything I get is my fault)

Iguana....

(that one left a scar)

Ribbon snake (wouldnít let go for a while)....

Ball python....

Unfortunately, Iím at the reptile store I volunteer at when a lot of other things bite me (including the water snake) so I donít have pics from there)
But the worst thing is when you have scratches from the iguana and people donít believe you when you tell them it IS from an iguana!

Yellowfang

06/22/07  10:02am

Gazaway619
View Profile

Message To: Yellowfang   In reference to Message Id: 1329002

lmao... so much BLOOD... (runs off to make plans for his Reptile Army)

06/23/07  01:28pm

Comet3705
View Profile

Message To: Gazaway619   In reference to Message Id: 1330687

ouch i got bit by a blood python and it wouldnt let go, and a leaopard gecko but it didnt bleed. lol

06/24/07  12:08pm

Gazaway619
View Profile

Message To: Comet3705   In reference to Message Id: 1331713

lol once a leo bit me and i bled

06/24/07  11:35pm

EricaLynn
View Profile

Message To: Gazaway619   In reference to Message Id: 1332705

All these stories about the boys biting... The most Scooter does is hiss... lol. Anything else takes way to much effort for my lazy trouble maker. ;)

07/07/07  12:26pm

ShadowX
View Profile

Message To: Yellowfang   In reference to Message Id: 1329002

hey do you work at bird and exotic pets cuss i remember seeing some one like you Yellowfang

07/09/07  08:10pm

Yellowfang
View Profile

Message To: ShadowX   In reference to Message Id: 1352220

No. I live in PA.

Yellowfang

07/11/07  05:06pm

S.
View Profile

Message To: Yellowfang   In reference to Message Id: 1354550

First time on this page (cresties iguanas and Leo normally) But I had to bring it up.
I work at a pet store (not a chain store) The worst thing is getting your hand into a tank to get a feeder rat out. I had one yesterday who when I grabbed her to get her in the box did a flip and latched onto my hand. OMG she would not let go! And when she did she only let go for a second and then bit me a 2ed time. Iím gonna have 2 full rat teeth scars on my finger. lol but if I was being lead off to be feed to a snake I would do the same thing. =)

07/19/07  05:20pm

Yellowfang
View Profile

Message To: S.   In reference to Message Id: 1365939

Oh I hate being bit by the rats at the reptiles store (family owned) that I volunteer at. I get bit by the mice equally. Whenever a mouse bites me though I just go, "OK! THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE THAT NEEDS TO EAT!" And off the mousey goes. (canít do that with the rats, a lot are for pets, and they donít have too many big things to eat them)

Yellowfang

07/22/07  12:24am

KatiiB
View Profile

Message To: Yellowfang   In reference to Message Id: 1369129

I know what you mean about scratches. I have scars on my wrists and ive had people look at me funny then ask if im suicidal .its silly. Once i was travelling with my geckos, and i was looking close at his face when we reached our destination and he bit my nose. the end was sliced right open. blood everywhere. lol

08/14/07  02:40am

Reflex
View Profile

Who says fat-tails donÔŅĹt bite...

Ouch! I haven’t been bitten by any of my past or present herps, but i have been bitten by a lot of garter snakes! That looks a lot worse though! The worst bite I have gotten left a large scar, the muscle underneath still hasn’t grown back...

My English Bulldog would randomly get into huge, vicious fights with our dachshund we used to have. One day, I happened to be standing right there when they got into it... I jumped over and went to grab my bulldog, and i put him in a headlock, but just as my forearm reached him... BAM! His right bottom canine went straight through into my arm, as did his top canines and even his incisors. I had to hold him there for about 20 seconds while my brother got the dachshund into another room.

After that, I’m sure i could stand a herp bite but that still doesn’t numb the pain of getting one! lol

01/26/08  08:56am

Capndave
View Profile

Message To: Reflex   In reference to Message Id: 1594960

MY Fat Tail took my little finger off. It didnt bleed much.
Only joking. But I just got a baby yesterday, they told me at the pet store that they dont bite. This one is only the size of my little finger. I am am hoping for the best.

Pictures to follow.

01/31/08  01:35pm

Cassie_102
View Profile

Message To: Capndave   In reference to Message Id: 1603039

Well If it makes u feel better its a pretty cut u have =)

02/27/08  09:29pm

AllHailRain
View Profile

Message To: Cassie_102   In reference to Message Id: 1640753

ew... o.O
this is an old post anyway.

02/27/08  10:54pm

Reptile Bullie
View Profile

Thats Because U a !!! bozo HEAD !!!

06/01/10  05:09pm

Lady Mudpuppy
View Profile

Message To: Reptile Bullie   In reference to Message Id: 2152208

That looks painfull!! My AFT has only bit 2 persons, and she did not draw blood. The kid was messing with her and wouldnt leave her alone, so she used her mouth to make him stop. The other person was by best friend, and she said it tickled. When I looked at her thumb, there were no marks. I am not saying they do not bite, because they do, just that all animals have that wild instinct in them to bite in defense, so you have to be careful, no matter how long you have had them.

12/11/11  10:32am

Bobbi j.
View Profile

I dont now y but my two never bite me i have a nak with animals and geckos more than anything my albino aft’s are cool it only took 2 days to tame them and they have never bit me i have had them for about 12 years and they will just sit on my hand and chill they even wach tv i will turn them the opisat way and they look up at me and then turn around and star at the tv again there are funny but i trained them to crawl on to my hand when i open the cage i set my hand down in the cage and they crawl right on they share a 50 gallon tank and they have 5 differant water places and they have heat sorces all over they are spoiled but how ever i hold them they dont bite i have a rare bond with them and they are awsome i call them family not pets they follow me every were i go and i bring them about every were i go i let every one hold them but they never bite them instead they just sit and wait so it just takes pure trust on both sides yours and theres

12/29/12  12:43pm

Back to Gecoks-Fat-Tailed Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area