Geckos Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Simone815   Takahiro111   Crotus  

Member  Message

Simone815
View Profile

How to care for injured gecko?

I was sitting in my chair and felt something moving under me and I thought it was my dog under my chair. When I saw her walking somewhere else I got scared and quickly swiped at what was under me. After, I realized it was a gecko and now I feel awful. He’s badly injured and I want to try to take care of him but I dont know if there is anything I can do. His skin on his stomach has been ripped. I don’t want him to just be in pain until he dies, is there anything I can do for him? I put him in a container with soil and leaves and a stick. I also put water droplets on the leaves in case he he is thirsty but right now he can hardly move. I also put a desk lamp over the container. Is there any way he can come back from this or is this pointless and I should just put him outside so he doesn’t die in a bin inside?
He is just a tiny outdoor gecko and I live in Florida if any of that matters.
He’s tiny, light pinkish color (almost kind of transparent) , has little spots all over and black rings on his tail. He looks like a Mediterranean gecko from the pictures I’ve looked up. He’s the kind you usually see in your shower or on your windows. I tried to post a photo of him but I don’t know how to insert one from my phone. I’ll post one if I can figure it out.

11/04/15  11:20am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Simone815   In reference to Message Id: 2315511

See a vet or sadly release it

11/04/15  02:25pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Simone815   In reference to Message Id: 2315511

Hi, sorry for the delay, just noticed this post, so i dont know if you still have him. But i want to say thast house geckos are tough creatures so I think it may have a good chance to recover if you keep it in quiet surroundings without too much disturbance. Also a lamp is unnecessary because they are nocturnal creatures.

11/29/15  06:45pm

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area