Geckos Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Newt_dewd   Crotus   Newt_dewd  

Member  Message

Newt_dewd
View Profile

Gecko help

so I was at my local pet store pickin up an eastern newt when I looked in the drain and I saw a lizard. I picked her up and dusted her off and asked what it is , they said it was a house gecko, a common pest there and asked if I wanted it for free. I graciously accepted it and now she lives in a nice ten gallon, any advice.

06/15/15  09:39pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Newt_dewd   In reference to Message Id: 2313931

Gecko help

Hello, sorry for the delay, haven’t been on this forum for a while. House geckos are very simple to care for, just give it a basic woodland setup with a few plants for climbing and some flat rocks or pieces of bark to hide under, and of course make sure you have a snug fitting screen lid because like most geckos they are escape artists extraordinare. They tend to sleep during the day in their favorite hiding places and come out at night to hunt; they will eat any kind of small insects but small crickets will work fine. In order not to have to make so many trips to the pet shop for more crickets, you may want to set up a colony of them in a plastic bucket or file box with ventilation holes in the top, egg crates for them to hide in and a supply of flake fish food for them to feed on, as well as a very shallow water bowl filled nearly to the brim with pebbles to prevent the crickets from drowning.

09/06/15  04:33pm

Newt_dewd
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2314836

Gecko help

thanks a million

09/12/15  06:17pm

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area