Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Geckos Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

ReptileGOD   Kelso reptiles   ReptileGOD   Kelso reptiles   ReptileGOD   Kelso reptiles   ReptileGOD   Kelso reptiles   ReptileGOD   Crotus   ReptileGOD   Kelso reptiles   ReptileGOD   Crotus   ReptileGOD   Crotus   ReptileGOD   Kelso reptiles   ReptileGOD   Crotus   ReptileGOD  

Member  Message

ReptileGOD
View Profile

House gecko friend

When the lights are off and the anoles are asleep the geckos come out and I know some one got mad at me for keeping anoles and geckos together but I may have sort if kinda just kept it and walks around the walls/floor/top of cage and he seems so Lonley can I put another male or a female if so could u give ne pointers on how to attract one in the night??????????

06/11/14  03:55pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2305604

House gecko friend

do not keep different species together, even same species should not be kept together , only very rarely.
both species have yes simaler ,. but also different needs, the anole needs uv lighting and heat during the day, and colder nights, where the house gecko needs no uv, and night heat and not so warm day time, as they are nocturnal. the heat in different times could effect each lizard and stress them out, even the other lizards just seeing them will stress them out, even if it doesn’t look stressed it may well be.

lizards do not get "lonely" most if not all prefer to be alone and putting more then one together may cause stress.
i also advise not to keep wild caught pets as they are more likely to die, they are not meant to be caught and kept, please if you want a pet go buy one, they will live longer and healthier and only after you do all your research on keeping them.

06/17/14  04:09pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2305753

House gecko friend

You and takahiro111 always reply to me and say the same thing but I have done it sucssesfully for a couple weeks and no problems u Just ruined my good mood

06/17/14  05:45pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2305760

House gecko friend

well i don’t know who the other person is or what he has said, but im just looking out for the lizards health, yeah it may seem like theirs no problems but reptiles have a good way of not showing how they really are.
im just trying to help and whether you listen and except my help or not that’s on you, i just don’t want any of them dieing and then you getting upset, please for the lizards sake just separate them, and if you don’t have enough cages then let some go.

06/17/14  06:39pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2305769

House gecko friend

I know what u mean they hide their sickness very well like my anole died a couple weeks ago and he died at the side of the cage with his tail curled and eyes closed. I will listen to u and spectate them and bug a new cage may u PM me a website to buy a gecko cage and supplies

06/18/14  10:26am

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2305780

House gecko friend

just go to a local pet shop or petco

06/18/14  05:09pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2305807

House gecko friend

What light bulb do I have to get I have a purple night light

06/18/14  07:28pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2305820

House gecko friend

just go to the local pet store and see what kind of lizard you wanna get, then ask what you need,
it all depends on what size tank you have, and the species.
i could help you a little, but i need to know what you have right now, what kind of animal, cage, food your feeding, how your feeding, what light you have, what wattag it is. everything

06/18/14  09:26pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2305827

House gecko friend

I already told u the light and I feed them 30-60 mid/large crix once a week and they are always a hit my cage has logs for hiding bushes for basking and two logs for basking the cage is ecoterrareiom 18by18by18 the gecko will be under a log in the day but I have seen it hunt drying the day time they are fine together

06/19/14  07:07am

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2305604

House gecko friend

Personally I see no harm in keeping the 2 species together since the anoles are active by day, the geckos at night. And if they should meet, they are about the same size. However, you must take care not to overcrowd them. Also keep in mind that males sometimes fight with each other. I am not sure how to attract them, but if you manage to find another gecko then try introducing it to the tank, although it is best if they don’t end up being both males.

07/06/14  05:39pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2306772

House gecko friend

Ok how about a female

07/06/14  05:59pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2306772

House gecko friend

crotus, the thing is, both species have different requirements for heat and lighting, and are not about the same size. they also will stress each other out, because they are solitary animals.

07/07/14  05:54pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2306905

House gecko friend

I’ve had TWO geckos with anoles for over a month and not a single problem

07/07/14  06:18pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2306905

House gecko friend

Kelso, house geckos and green anoles are roughly the size. As to lighting, the anoles will benefit from some full-spectrum lighting during the day. The geckos will be asleep then so it makes no difference for them... Anoles at least are not totally solitary, I have kept them and have seen a male sleeping on a leaf with one or more females -- not making this up. If it works for him, I really don’t see the harm in it.

07/12/14  04:08pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2307157

House gecko friend

yes both species are somewhat social case my anoles will bask together and my two geckos will roam around the cage together

07/12/14  04:12pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2307159

House gecko friend

yes, exactly... so this is why the stereotype of them being totally solitary creatures is untrue.

07/14/14  11:13am

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2307244

House gecko friend

Yes I know and I am looking at two brown anoles that are siting together on my window and they aren’t even mine

07/14/14  11:39am

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2307245

House gecko friend

becuase their stuck in a cage.... in the wild you wont find them near each other, because they have wide open ranges that they can go and explore
im tired of your stupidity guys....
and you all wonder why your lizards die... lmfao i feel bad for your lizards

07/14/14  11:11pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2307280

House gecko friend

no they were outside and there was a male and a female and another female all laying together OUTSIDE. NOT IN MY CAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and the lizzards in my cage are always vey happy and don’t fight were not stupid your stupid

07/15/14  06:08am

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2307280

House gecko friend

Kelso, please stop calling us names. You are an ignorant person and do not really understand many things about lizards; there is more to them than you think and they are in fact complex creatures that have social lives, whether you choose to believe the facts or not. If you persist in the namecalling, btw, I may have to report you to the administrator.

07/15/14  11:55am

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2307307

House gecko friend

Ikr he always calls me a kid but he is the one calling names

07/15/14  12:05pm

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area