Geckos Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Mufasabrutallion   Crotus   Mufasabrutallion   Crotus  

Member  Message

Mufasabrutallion
View Profile

Baby Banded Gecko help!!!!?!??

Hi, So I live in fallon nevada, thirteen hours away from Tucson arizona, where this gecko was caught in is natural habitat, by a relatie. and they brought it home, the gecko is litterally, 1 inch long, tiny tiny little guy cant be more than a few weeks old. has not eaten in two days, the town I live in, has no pet stores for me to find any small crickets or mealworms.. the only option I have was to get Dried crickets at walmart. So I did, and i broke the cricket up into small pieces, in hopes it may eat. My uncle brought it home to me because he found it in his hotel room, and knows i have reptile experience(tortoises, geckos, water dragons, etc...) but guys, i need some help. I gotta get this little guy to eat, I would set it free, but hes a desert dweller. and where i live, he isnt native, and plus. the ground is covered in snow, someone please help me out?

And yeah. My uncle is a Jacka**

12/16/13  12:41pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Mufasabrutallion   In reference to Message Id: 2302699

Dried food won’t work with these guys because they need moving prey. I recommend that you try a mail-order supplier like Ghann’s Cricket Farm (ghann.com) and order some very small (pinhead-size) crickets, at least 100 or so so you will have a steady supply of them... You can make your own colony using a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid (with small holes punched in it for air). The crickets will need a food supply (flake fish food will work) and some water (use damp gravel in a small tray because the crickets can drown in standing water).

12/19/13  03:27pm

Mufasabrutallion
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2302737

Ive tried the smallest crickets i can find, im not new to reptiles, just to this guy. and currently, hes still too small even for the smallest crickets i can find, at 3/4 a cm. ive got flightless fruit flies now, and trying them. hes still alive, and i see poop from the smaller crickets, but i have to buy every other couple days from a city an hour and a half away. so im trying the flies, this is day two now, and hopefully i’ll see some progress. i just had to dump out his cage with a bunch of dead flies. ill let you know whats going on if i see some poop!

01/10/14  01:28pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Mufasabrutallion   In reference to Message Id: 2302966

Sounds good... I highly recommend, however, that you get some very small (pinhead size) crickets from a mail order supplier like Ghann’s, because then you’ll have a steady supply of tiny prey items and won’t need to hunt for them in the field.

02/16/14  03:44pm

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area