Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Geckos Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Iama   Iama   Kelso reptiles   Iama   KrazyKelli  

Member  Message

Iama
View Profile

Found two baby Geckos not native to my area...Help???

So my BFF found two baby Geckos living outside the bathrooms in her trailer park. I’m like...the go-to person when it comes to NATIVE lizards but...these are not anything I’ve seen around here. She brought them to me and I realized they look like some sort of Gecko species. They didn’t look too healthy so I took them home and put them in a spare cage. I then proceeded to look up any Gecko species living around here...so far I have found none. I think they’re probably the result of a pet getting away or being let go but I can’t be sure. I can’t post pictures, but they’re brownish with a bit of yellow on them and rough bumpy backs. I have no idea what they are. Does anyone know how to properly care for these little guys? I fear letting them go in this dry climate will be bad for them. They were really sickly and lathargic when we found them and one has a little ouchie on his neck near his ear. Help?

09/10/13  07:42pm

Iama
View Profile

Message To: Iama   In reference to Message Id: 2301040

Okay so i did a little research and found out that they’re Medatarranian Geckos and they ARE native. But since they were so sickly I think I’ll keep them and make sure they’re okay

09/10/13  10:20pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

first off Mediterranean house geckos are NOT native to California. they are invasive species, due to people owning them and escaping.

09/13/13  07:56pm

Iama
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2301103

That would explain why they’re so sickly looking. I’ve been taking care of them and they’re doing much better. The only problem is finding crickets small enough for them to eat.

09/14/13  05:57pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Have you looked into Mediterranean house geckos? They’re bumpy, brown, and an invasive species over the southern states.

Pics would be extremely useful. Find someone with a camera, put the pics up on Photobucket.com and link us to them.

09/27/13  08:11pm

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area