Geckos Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Nate304   Nate304   KrazyKelli   Nate304   Nate304   Kelso reptiles  

Member  Message

Nate304
View Profile

I found a gecko in my bathroom today

this morning I went to take a shower and found a tiny gecko hanging on the top of the shower curtain. he is about 1 inch long and thinner than a pencil. here is the amazing thing!!! I live in Bakersfield ca in basicly a desert. ive never had gecko’s and I cant figure out how it got inside unless it hitched a ride on my clothes" im a landscaper" now the other amazing thing is how did it survive are 15 days of 105-110 degree weather. so it looks like im a dad again.

08/06/13  03:53pm

Nate304
View Profile

Message To: Nate304   In reference to Message Id: 2300249

oh ya and I already told it im not buying anny damn insurance

08/06/13  03:58pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Nate304   In reference to Message Id: 2300249

Geckos can live in the desert, and are all over California. You’d be surprised at the survival a lizard can have even under the most hostile of environments. So I’m not too surprised that one randomly showed up, or hitched a ride on you. Specially since you’re a landscaper and all. this isn’t like you’re from Montana or something, ya know?

Take a pic of the gecko? We can figure out the species for you.

08/06/13  10:07pm

Nate304
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2300257

update: its a western ring tail gecko .... a common Californian house gecko. im going to marrow to get a small habitat for it . atleast for now. he is so small right now I can get by with a really small viv. he is less than an ich long ans a pencils width would be about double him. I do have a 20 gal tank but for him that is huge . heat mat dimmer switch smaller home is tomarrows adventure.

08/07/13  10:37pm

Nate304
View Profile

Message To: Nate304   In reference to Message Id: 2300282

oh we temporarily named it sticky. cus he was stuck to my shower curtain and he isnt handleable yet to see if its male or female " too tiny trying to pick him up might hurt him" he seems very fragile to me.even when I found it I used a container lid to chase him in to a container so I haven’t yet even touched it

08/07/13  10:43pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Nate304   In reference to Message Id: 2300282

Its not western ring tail gecko, its western banded gecko. They are very common in the southwest desert. But they don’t climb much, though i have found one climb it was a hatching and probably didint know much. Banded geckos are part of the eyelid-ed geckos because they can blink, where as most other species such as Tokay, house, Moorish, crocodile, etc cant blink. If it was climbing the curtain with no problem it could possible be a house gecko they are invasive throughout the united states and yes even Bakersfield, they are everywhere in Barstow. Pics would help ID it, or look at the feet, do the toes look skinny, or are they sorta fat and flat with pads.

08/30/13  08:11pm

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area