Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Geckos Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Foyetthesnake   Kelso reptiles   Foyetthesnake   Kelso reptiles   Foyetthesnake   Kelso reptiles  

Member  Message

Foyetthesnake
View Profile

What should i get?

i want to get a gecko but their are so many beutiful choices! What should i get? Whats ur fave?

10/20/12  12:16pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Foyetthesnake   In reference to Message Id: 2283341

What should i get?

first I’m gonna tell you you need to do research for a while when you decide what gecko you want to get. then I’m gonna ask if this is your first reptile. if it is then leopard geckos are the way to go they also come in a variety of colors. if not then Tokay’s are beautiful but can have a nasty attitude, but will and the will to get bit can partially tame some with time (though they will draw blood on occasion.) golden geckos are beautifully speckled geckos, skunk geckos are pretty neat, crested/gargoyle geckos are nice looking also come in color variations. like i said do research before you get for a while and get the setup put up before you get the lizard itself.

10/20/12  01:28pm

Foyetthesnake
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2283349

What should i get?

haha huge no on if this is my first reptile, over the years 1 leopard gecko, i ball python, 5 corn snakes, i chinese water dragon, 4 green anoles, 2 bahama anoles, and 2 brown anoles and im thinking of a crested okay, wich do u think would be the easiest?

10/20/12  11:37pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Foyetthesnake   In reference to Message Id: 2283414

What should i get?

crested geckos are nice but the only thing i dont like about them is when their tail comes off 1 it dosent grow back at all, and they break off really easy. pretty much most of the geckos have the same care mosly just need a 20 gallon Tall preferably. then some cocunut husk bedding. a good hide and some branches with green fake plants. then a water and feeding bowl. and mist the walls of the tank and the leafs in the morning and affternoon. cresteds need a little more humidity.
oh yeah brown anoles and bahama anoles are the same species just to let you know. haha
but like i said keep reading up until you acually get and choose the lizard best of luck to you

10/21/12  10:38pm

Foyetthesnake
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2283491

What should i get?

omg are they really! Thats what i thought i got 2 brown from petco, and i saw them at pet suplies plus and i was like are bahama anole (thats what they were labled at petsulies plus) the same as brown anoles (cuz i new they looks alike) ? And the guy wa like no! I KNEW IT STUPID PET SUPPLIES PLUS GUY HAHAHA)

10/22/12  12:57pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Foyetthesnake   In reference to Message Id: 2283527

What should i get?

people who work at petstores dont usally know as much as people usally think they do their mostly just people off the street maybe with a little knoledge like the common names of the snakes.

10/22/12  10:16pm

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area