Geckos Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Piccygecko   Piccygecko   Kate.1993  

Member  Message

Piccygecko
View Profile

Panther Gecko, Baby, Won’t eat

I have a baby panther gecko. He’s only a few months old and about 3.5 inches long.
Last week my friend tried to pick him up and he jumped out of her hands and hurt his leg. I took him to the vet as soon as I could. The vet tried to put a little splint on it to help it heal straight.
He wouldn’t go after crickets, I tried to catch a cricket and hold it out to him with tongs I also tried to smash up a cricket to feed him and he still ignored it. I considered wax worms but he was never interested in them before since wax worms don’t move much.
The vet took his splint off yesterday to see if that would help him regain interest in food. Last night I tried meal worms for the first time and he actually tried to eat. But he couldn’t seem to bite it. Today I have tried a cricket, he won’t chase it, I tried a meal worm and he ignored it, and I tried a wax worm and he hid.
I don’t want to stress him out too much by trying too hard but its been a week since he last ate and I don’t know how long he can go without food, especially since he needs to heal.
Does any one have any panther gecko experience or know anything that might help?

08/07/12  09:39pm

Piccygecko
View Profile

Message To: Piccygecko   In reference to Message Id: 2275975

I found him shedding soon after posting this. Hopefully that is why he continued ignoring his food once his experience with the leg splint was over. I normally would’ve considered that as a reason had I not been so caught up in his leg injury. Here’s hoping he starts eating again now.

08/08/12  01:52am

Kate.1993
View Profile

Message To: Piccygecko   In reference to Message Id: 2276003

you could try buying it a replacment meal for now idk if they have panther gecko diet like they do for crested geckos but if they do try that and see if it helps his appetite a little, Best of luck.

08/10/12  01:35am

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area