Geckos Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kate.1993   Crotus   Crotus  

Member  Message

Kate.1993
View Profile

Roomies...?

I have been setting up a tank thats either a 38 or 55 galon but i cant tell because of shape and it was a give away... But I want to house 1 female garg and 1 female crestie... Is that a bad idea or should that be fine?

08/01/12  04:48am

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Kate.1993   In reference to Message Id: 2275137

Roomies...?

Well, I haven’t kept these but I know that the two species are related and have similar habitat requirements, so it may be OK if they are similar in size. However, it’s possible that one species may be more aggressive than the other, so to be really sure, before you do this I suggest that you consult with someone who has some experience in keeping them.

08/02/12  05:11pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Kate.1993   In reference to Message Id: 2275137

Roomies...?

Gargoyle geckos grow to a larger size than cresties and are potentially a lot more aggressive; please read this article about them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargoyle_gecko
On the other hand, cresties are a smaller and more laid-back, mellow species that can live happily in groups (although it would probably be wise to include only one male). There is a danger that the more aggressive gargoyle gecko might attack or even kill the crestie, especially when it grows larger. Therefore, I strongly recommend that the crestie should be kept it with a few others of its own kind, and the gargoyle, a more aggressive and less social species, should DEFINITELY be housed separately.

08/02/12  05:34pm

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area