Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos Forum

Mobius118   KrazyKelli   Mobius118  
 Member  Message

Mobius118
View Profile

Id?

hey guys i got this gecko dropped off too me it was abandoned at in front of a pet store and they couldnt take it. never really had geckos before but i know how to take care of em.

figured i just ask to see what exactly he was because i havent seen anything like him, not that hes special looking just that i cant find anything close to his markings

06/30/11  09:29pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Mobius118   In reference to Message Id: 2227234

Id?

Compare pictures of him to a Marbled gecko. They’re a cousin to the Tokay and golden and the set up is similar (though marbles sometimes like to hide in a sideways jar or hide towards the bottom during the day, which the other species do not.) Arboreal, eats insects (go for crix and mealworms), needs d3 calcium once a week dusted on the insects. And over all they’re a spastic individual that will make tons of noise at night via ’lid-romping’. Not to be handled, delicate skin, stresses very easily.

I use to have a marbled, but she died due to the subsequents of an abscess that I had treated.

picture of a marbled on google.

Oh, also, I wrote a caresheet on them. It should be up in the caresheet section of ’general geckos’ on here. Marbles are either wild-caught (sometimes illegally) from Australia or farm bred and always come with parasites. Vet trip suggested. Keep away from other reptiles you may own.

06/30/11  10:13pm

Mobius118
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2227242

Id?

thanks ya i have all that stuff already for the 15 other reptiles i own lol. and i live in Canada so the likely hood is that he was captive bred because there very strict and enforced laws in place to avoid that kinda thing. ive already had him checked out hes clean.

07/01/11  01:05pm

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area