Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos Forum

Ampibidood   Ampibidood   Crotus   Crotus   Ampibidood  
 Member  Message

Ampibidood
View Profile

Help!!!

Ok so i live in Hawaii and there are common house geckos running around everywhere and i found one laying in a pool of water with its tail off, a broken arm (probably), and a cut on its side and it was still alive. I took it in and i put it in a zilla 14x18x20 cage and i was wondering how should i care for the guy? cuz i really want him to live and i want to help him please answer back ASAP. any help is appreciated.

04/20/11  03:06am

Ampibidood
View Profile

Message To: Ampibidood   In reference to Message Id: 2215201

Help!!!

by the way the tank is not glass its an aluminum screen cage, it was supposed to be my jacksons outside cage but i feel that this is more important. and the gecko is about 2 1/2 inches without his tail. Its soooo sad you can see the little bone and everything :(

04/20/11  06:09am

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Ampibidood   In reference to Message Id: 2215202

Help!!!

Sounds like some predator may have attacked it... try to provide it with plenty of cover (like dead leaves, small rocks or pieces of bark, etc.) to make it feel secure, and drop in very small, slow-moving prey items like pinhead crickets with hindlegs removed, to make it easy for it to eat and hasten its recovery... mist the setup with a little water regularly so it can lick the droplets to quench its thirst.

04/21/11  02:18pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2215391

Help!!!

P.S. You might want to treat the injured areas by swabbing them with a little antibiotic ointment like Neosporin, using a moistened Qtip; try to handle the animal as little as possible however, to avoid stressing it.

04/21/11  02:20pm

Ampibidood
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2215392

Help!!!

thank you soo much that helps me so much i think that he is starting to do better he has already been eating some of the pinheads :D i really hope the little guy gets better.

04/21/11  03:23pm

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area