Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos Forum

Mr bubonix   Lizardlover99   Jejunestars   Stachurski   Mr bubonix   KrazyKelli  
 Member  Message

Mr bubonix
View Profile

Gecko wanted son with cancer

dear reptic zone users i want any kind of gecko that doesnt grow to 6 feet because my 13 year old has just been diagnosed with cancer and his beardie recently has died and he want a new lizard but i cant afford one right now and he is very experinced with reptiles and again i cant afford one so please someone help me out here i already have a 20 gallon tank ready if anyone can give me one please text me @ 442 2546

Gerald : (

02/22/11  06:20pm

Lizardlover99
View Profile

Message To: Mr bubonix   In reference to Message Id: 2206377

try a leopard gecko my swim coach has one and it is real gentle an small. it prefers carpeting and doesn’t eat allot. i hope your son gets better.

02/25/11  12:37pm

Jejunestars
View Profile

Message To: Mr bubonix   In reference to Message Id: 2206377

I would recommend either a leopard gecko or panther gecko. Panther geckos are smaller. Both enjoy being held, if held properly and make loving pets. You can get either of there at petsmart currently for a great price and they are vet assured.
Hope that helps!

02/27/11  02:46pm

Stachurski
View Profile

Message To: Jejunestars   In reference to Message Id: 2207202

i belive hes not asking what lizard but more can you give him a free lizard, i would myself but at the momment all i have is a day gecko, sry hope somone eles who breads lizards will help you out,all the best
-Stac

03/22/11  09:37pm

Mr bubonix
View Profile

Message To: Stachurski   In reference to Message Id: 2211043

U get wat I mean lol

03/23/11  06:49am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Mr bubonix   In reference to Message Id: 2211086

May sound terrible saying this, what with the circumstances, but a regular leopard gecko is only 20 dollars at any reptile expo and 20 to 30 at Petsmart. They are very hardy, live 20 some years, and can be handled to an extent (ie, don’t grab it by the tail). You can put a young one in a 10 gallon or straight out get an adult and put it in a 20 long (about 30 dollars). Or you can reuse the beardie’s tank, provided you clean it out and wash/disinfect it beforehand.

Look at any basic care sheets; there are tons. Stay away from sand or any loose substrate as a bedding to keep the leo from getting impacted, and lean more towards solid stuff like papertowel, repticarpet, tile, etc. 3 hides, calcium supplements, live food like crickets or mealies, keep temps at 90F on the hot side and humidity low, etc etc. The caresheets will detail this out for you.

It’s an extremely small price to pay for your son’s happiness. If some person you’ve never met before just randomly hands you a random lizard that you have no previous knowledge or research on, they could hand you a dieing or diseased one, or one with parasites. One that’s sick or they, themselves, can’t take care of. After all, would you know the difference? And good keepers wont randomly throw away a living creature for free... I’m not saying this is you, but there are Ton’s of frauds out there or little kids that want a free lizard and don’t know what they’re doing. Lizards aren’t fish, after all. They live quite a long time.

03/23/11  10:25am

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area