Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos Forum

Nikkita64   KrazyKelli   Nikkita64  
 Member  Message

Nikkita64
View Profile

Eye problem

My friend dropped off her gecko last night for me to watch for a week. He was done shedding recently and she said after he was licking his eyes. I looked at him after she left and it looks like he has no eyeballs. Just slits with brown matter inside. That description is just my opinion. She said he stopped eating a week ago. Mealworms and crickets. I can’t take her guy to a vet. I wanted to know if some one had any ideas on what is going on?

02/14/11  09:36am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Nikkita64   In reference to Message Id: 2204873

Eye problem

... what species of gecko?

If this is, say, a leopard gecko. They do come in variations with solid-colored eyes, normally in tones of red. These types of leos cannot see well under normal light bulbs and need either an under tank heater or red/blue bulb.

A gecko needs time to settle when it comes to a new environment. It stresses them out. Due to this they may not eat for around a week. It’s normal.

02/14/11  10:52am

Nikkita64
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2204892

Eye problem

Hey. Thanks for the reply. He has stayed here before and hidden under his rock and not really eaten. This time she said he had not eaten at home for a week. His eyes are like dark sunken slits. He also will not go into his cave. He just wanders around all day and night. He was sold to her as a leopard gecko but he is mostly yellow.

02/14/11  04:14pm

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area