Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos Forum

Tinyd2010   RubberDuckey273   Sinosauropterix  
 Member  Message

Tinyd2010
View Profile

Need info on baby white lined gecko

I have a white lined gecko who laid two eggs about 6 months ago and one of them has hatched. I would say probally around 1:00 am this morning on July 13th 2010. I have already removed the baby and the baby is in its own critter cage. But I am not sure what kind of substrae to keep it on. I have a baby crested about a month old and that one is on the peat moss. I dont know about temps and all that good stuff. If anyone knows anything that would be great. I am not a beginner with reptiles I have 22 totaled and have been doing this for about 1 1/2 now. We bought the white lined gecko from a Repticon that came thru Concord.

07/13/10  02:00am

RubberDuckey273
View Profile

Message To: Tinyd2010   In reference to Message Id: 2162240

I would guess that paper towels would be fine for a baby, although i’m not familiar with this species.

07/30/10  11:03pm

Sinosauropterix
View Profile

Message To: RubberDuckey273   In reference to Message Id: 2166063

You probably already know by now that white-lined geckos don’t need UV light. An infra-red heat lamp of about 75 watts will be important. These geckos are arboreal so they will not need a heat pad at the bottom of the enclosure unless you are using cocofiber to add extra humidity. It is uncertain whether white-lined geckos will readily drink water from a dish or not, so misting will be important. Be sure to add lots of places to hide because they can be timid and secretive. If you are using a feeding dish, prop it up against the side of the enclosure so that they can get to it. If not, remember to remove extra crickets after each feeding or the young geckos will be overwhelmed by the crickets and in some cases may be chewed to death.

09/22/10  05:57pm

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area