Geckos-Tokay Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Winny117   Bawner00   KitKat12   Winny117   Jeffco67  

Member  Message

Winny117
View Profile

If they bite

Ok so My GF works at Petco where they Tokay Gecko’s. She said that if they bite you, they hold on for hours and it is very painful because they have sharp teeth and bite extremely hard. Is there any truth to this? She said it will hold on for 4+hrs. I dont believe it...

08/20/12  02:23pm

Bawner00
View Profile

Message To: Winny117   In reference to Message Id: 2277351

If they bite

it is a painful bite, believe me, mine won’t let go about 4-5 mins, I cover them with some clothes and leave him alone with my hand lol, but 4+ hour... I don’t think so

09/04/12  05:50pm

KitKat12
View Profile

Message To: Bawner00   In reference to Message Id: 2278984

If they bite

How bad does it hurt?

09/07/12  03:55pm

Winny117
View Profile

Message To: Bawner00   In reference to Message Id: 2278984

If they bite

Bawner...

I hope u didnt get bit and a took a pic for our benefit!

10/02/12  09:46am

Jeffco67
View Profile

Message To: Winny117   In reference to Message Id: 2281871

If they bite

It hurts pretty bad if they get a good piece of you...they have a bony ridge in their mouth that is almost razor sharp...they WILL draw blood. They do tend to latch on once they get a good bite going. They will also twist and shake while latched, like and alligator. They are trying to tear the piece off, it seems.

I’ve read that putting a drop of vinegar in their mouth will get them to release, I’ve never had to try it though. Longest He latched onto me was maybe thirty seconds. I’ve found with most reptiles, if you gently squeeze the head just behind the jaw, they will let go, but you don’t want to hurt them, you could easily break the jaw applying too much force...and of course you then leave that hand open to a second strike once they let go and re-acquire...

Best to have on a leather or suede glove. I use Jersey gloves, and while it prevents him from breaking skin, it still hurts when he gets a good piece...will leave a red mark for a while.

You really don’t want them to draw blood from you...reptile mouths are filthy places...you can get a really bad infection from it.

11/01/12  10:00am

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area